Engine Power Lost

YoungWheelsCT

hey im trying to figure out why my 95 pathfinder 3.0 std would suddenlly loss all power drop to one grand in rpms n stay that way no matter whether i shift down/up or stay in the same gear and it starts to spit and sputter till i shut the motor off and when i turn it back on it turns over as if nothing has happen and does this at random points. a little help would be great thanks :ar15:

yea exactly, your maf could cause that sort of problem....

had similar problem with my 2002 maxima only when i turned it off and back on it still had no power.

mb try cleaning?

i think there is thread on the forum some where.

My old truck was doing exactly what you described, at complete random. The problem was somehow the coil wire was rubbed down past the insulation and was arcing on a nearby piece of metal right up by the coil. It was sporadic, disabling, and irritating, and I was unable to find the problem until it did this for about 2 miles one night then completely died and would not restart. I had my buddy come to help me look and thank god it was dark because he was able to see the arcing of the wire as I cranked the engine. I wrapped that baby up good with electrical tape and didn't have another problem for a very long time - until the truck was destroyed.