Seafoam

Chriskaw440

The oil filter can also contribute to noise, On my Sentra I used a Napa Gold filter one time and the engine was ticking worse than it ever did, swapped it out for a OEM Nissan filter and the ticking stopped. I usually use OEM or Purolator Pure One filters no ticking with either.

I just realized this is a zombie thread! 5 years old.....I read the subject header and thought "oh no another seafoam thread!" :deadhorse:

On a serious seafoam note....we got a new product called Physix in about a month and a half ago. Takes two people to do the treatment. It isnt a dump in the fuel tank chemical and it feeds though the fuel induction through pressure not vacuum like many others I have seen.

Now generally I consider most of this type stuff to be "snake oil."

They did two demos for us on the product at work with two vehicles they got out back fromthe trade ins. They ran both vehicles before and after the treatment and there actually was a big difference in the smoothless at idle and under load. I may give it a try in teh near future on my truck to see how it does.

Alkorahil

On a serious seafoam note....we got a new product called Physix in about a month and a half ago. I may give it a try in teh near future on my truck to see how it does.

I would love more info.

I just tried to google this.... sounds like what Im looking for. Only I had no luck searching it.

~Thanks

Since we're discussing Seafoam just a word of warning to be careful with the 3M complete fuel system cleaner kit (and potentially all cleaners that could get into the IACV). While it did what it was supposed to do but it also messed up my IACV (not cheap). As soon as I got done using it I got P0505 and no matter what I tried (even took the IACV apart and cleaned it) the code wouldn't go away. It idles around 950rpm in neutral and about 875rpm in D when fully warmed up. Also if I hold a steady throttle at 2k RPM in neutral the engine starts to erratically bounce between 700rpm and 2200rpm over and over again. In drive it runs fine- I've been kicking the can down the road due to the cost of replacing it but I know I'll have to when the smog time rolls around.