Nissan Extends Warranty On Cvt Transmissions

morpheus

Don't know if it will affect anyone here, but as of monday Nissan will be announcing a warranty extension on all 2003-2010 Nissan models with a CVT transmission.

There will also be a procedure to re-imburse any customers who purchaced a transmission that was out of warranty, that is now under warranty due to the warranty extension.

The old warranty was 5 years or 100,000km / 60,000 miles

the new warranty will be 10 years or 200,000km / 120,000 miles.

They did have some major problems with them that they identified, and have repaired.

Now the competition is using that against Nissan as a marketing ploy at dealerships

"Nissan's have transmission problems, it'll cost you $7000 to replace when it goes after 5 years"

Nissan's response is basically we'll warranty the transmission for just about as long as you own the car... Most people don't keep vehicles past 10 years or 200,000 km, so they might as well have said "lifetime" warranty.

They've also dropped the price by an average of $1300 on a remanufactured transmission to bring the cost down when the vehicle is out of warranty, making it more in line with a normal automatic transmission replacement/rebuild.

Edited by morpheus

Makes sense, but I have to point 1 thing out...

Nissan's response is basically we'll warranty the transmission for just about as long as you own the car... Most people don't keep vehicles past 10 years or 200,000 km, so they might as well have said "lifetime" warranty.

I'll bet that 75%+ of members here have broken that. :D

I was tickled pink with my 14 year old/160,000 'new' purchase...

Just having fun, world like to be able to afford a true new car.

B