Curious - Mystery Wire

Toby

DSC00360.jpg

wtf is this wire? I replaced that vinyl covered trim piece and there was that wire just hanging out there. It's not to the domelight wire in any way either.

Also sorry for the low quality pic. My camera didn't want to take good pictures of it.

Edited by Toby

I think it's the prewiring for your map lights. Magregor had the same on his truck. There is another length of wire that goes along the edge to the mirror if you had the map lights.

Not following. They had the maplights in 94?

And if it's for a maplight why is it all the way at the middle of the truck?

Not following. They had the maplights in 94?

And if it's for a maplight why is it all the way at the middle of the truck?

It is the maplight wire. You can add the light to your's really easily (I did it on my 93). In models without the map lights, they just taped the wire off to the dome light wire. If you pull the trim above the door off you can see where it splits off the dome light wires.

i'll look into it. I gotta go pull a front right fender today. I was trying to even up my signal light and found out the damage was worse to that fender than I originally though. The lamp is held in with wood screws and wood behind it. Gotta knock part of that metal backing out too cause that side of the grill is held in a similar way as well.