NO FORWARD BUT HAS REVERSE

PATHRIDER

Hey guys! my wifes transmission on her 94 pathy started having some grinding noise on drive a few days ago and yesterday it wouldnt go forward anymore but it still has reverse. It makes a grinding noise but it goes away after it shifts....any ideas if the tranny is toast or just some sensor needs replacing

thanks folks

grinding is never good. If its an auto tranny, I'd say your planetary is shot. Continued driving may damage the housings and force a complete replacement. I would suggest that you get it to a good tranny place and expect to need a rebuild. You could drop the tranny pan yourself and you would probably see metal chunks on the magnet (another bad sign) but I think the pan is obstructed and not easy to remove (anyone want to chime in on how easy/hard this is?)

Good luck.

sorry forgot to mention its auto tranny guys..yeah ive seen the how to on droping the tranny pan and its not easy.Im going to take it to a tranny shop and see what the damage is.

worst comes to worst ill probbly have to replace the tranny..what would you guys recommend as far as where to get the tranny and how much would it cost to replace it?

Thanks for the quick reply guys

I believe you have some importers in your (state) area that should have JDM trannys and motors for reasonable prices. The next desirable is to buy one from a reliable source, ie site member, etc, or buying a parts car where someone was in an accident/rust/broke a timing belt can be a good find and the last is a wrecker where it is hit and miss on what you get.

I know that one member is selling an auto tranny (look in the For Sale section) and I know Kingman has one laying around, but it is out of a 2 door so it may not work.

There have been several threads about what trannys are used for what years, one was by sc88pathy.

Also, it is desirable to get the tranny ecu along with the tranny as there can be some differences.

Good luck and keep us infomed, please.

B

I believe you have some importers in your (state) area that should have JDM trannys and motors for reasonable prices. The next desirable is to buy one from a reliable source, ie site member, etc, or buying a parts car where someone was in an accident/rust/broke a timing belt can be a good find and the last is a wrecker where it is hit and miss on what you get.

I know that one member is selling an auto tranny (look in the For Sale section) and I know Kingman has one laying around, but it is out of a 2 door so it may not work.

There have been several threads about what trannys are used for what years, one was by sc88pathy.

Also, it is desirable to get the tranny ecu along with the tranny as there can be some differences.

Good luck and keep us infomed, please.

B

Thanks B...I saw the one on the for sale section but the member is in canada..Im going to check cl here also and probably post in the wanted section..ill keep you guys posted