1" spacers with lift...too much for CV's?

for extra clearance, i am interested in getting 1" spacers up front and in the rear, but have a few questions and concerns. i know nx4 makes strut spacers, but would i have to get custom spacers for the rear? or would i be able to use these rubber spacers... Here ... I think thats what they are? Anyone know anything about these?

Also, would doing this IN ADDITION to the AC lift give too much stress on the CV's even if i have manual hubs installed? im looking for all the clearance i can get, without doing a sfd, and i would love to be able to fit 33's. any help would be appreciated!

With the AC lift your rear will sit higher than the front, giving your R50 a raked look, AKA the tow truck look. Getting 1" strut spacers up front will level out your ride so the rear shouldn't require spacers.

Keep in mind this can put considerable stress on your CV boots so you may want to consider manual hubs. :aok:

You should be good with the 1" spacer and AC springs. A few people have done it. And Yes, get the Manual Hubs as Tyler stated you should consider.

As for the rear spacer, I haven't seen one before (that wasn't custom made), and your link does not work.

Jose

what about the CV angle with the additional inch?

Not good. Ride will be stiffer with the strut spacer too, though this may not matter as much to you. What size tires are you running ? Going from a 30" to a 32" would give you an inch extra clearance without the need for spacers.

Not good. Ride will be stiffer with the strut spacer too, though this may not matter as much to you. What size tires are you running ? Going from a 30" to a 32" would give you an inch extra clearance without the need for spacers.

i am planning on going from 30" to 32" tires with the AC lift, but if i got the spacers i would try to fit 33" tires. maybe not though. so basically strut spacers with the lift springs and manual hubs are not a good idea because of the CVs?

i am planning on going from 30" to 32" tires with the AC lift, but if i got the spacers i would try to fit 33" tires. maybe not though. so basically strut spacers with the lift springs and manual hubs are not a good idea because of the CVs?

Cool. I should have been more careful in my response. Are you planning to wheel a lot ? If not, the CVs may wear faster than stock but you may not mind (remans are < $100 each now). If you do wheel, it may be a bigger issue - droop, driveline strain, even faster wear etc. I was able to stuff 33s into my Pathy with the AC lift, 3 1/8" backspacing and a LOT of fender trimming. Basically I took out the fender flares and most, if not all, the plastic trim inside the wheelhouse. Still had little bits of rub (I also had 33s with an aggressive lug pattern so they looked and were kinda huge) occasionally but nothing dramatic.

One thing to consider: the larger tires will weigh more. So the CV will also be turning more mass. Not necessarily a big deal; just another straw on the camels back.

I would suggest seeing how you feel once the springs and 32s are in. If you still want to go with spacers, cool. Let us know how it goes. :aok:

Edited by GoPathyGo