Odd oil leak

After noticing a few drops on the garage floor I got under the truck and removed the bottom skid plate to find that a oil leak was coming from the main crank pulley. So far it is a very slow leak. Some ideas I had were that possibly some of the seals have or are going bad or possibly a gasket. Another possibility was that on my last oil change (about 2000k ago) I used 5qts instead of my usual 4qts. I figured that may cure the slight "ticking" noise coming from the engine. Could it be that I used too much oil or am I on the right track on the oil seal or gasket idea? Thanks for the help in adv.

I'm kinda guessing the ticking is coming from the Manifold studs...

I guess I can't really trust another mechanic as when I was under my truck I came across a piece of a drive belt lodged in the crank pulley, most likely my alternator belt which gave out 15,000 miles ago. Funny thing is it's been to the same shop twice before and 1 other shop over the course of those 15k and no one even mentioned it or bothered to remove it. :/

its probably the seal behind the pulley. have to take the t-belt off to get to it.

you have 2 options.

1. Leave it (if it is a very slow leak) and wait until the next timing belt change and do it then.

2. Rip apart the front of the engine and replace the seal (its actually not too bad of a job, and if you have a timing belt change soon you may as well do it now)

I just realized you are in chandler! Hell, I'll give you a hand with it if you want.

its probably the seal behind the pulley. have to take the t-belt off to get to it.

you have 2 options.

1. Leave it (if it is a very slow leak) and wait until the next timing belt change and do it then.

2. Rip apart the front of the engine and replace the seal (its actually not too bad of a job, and if you have a timing belt change soon you may as well do it now)

I just realized you are in chandler! Hell, I'll give you a hand with it if you want.

Yeah, acutally I'm at about 116k now so I'm planning on replacing the timing belt and and water pump within the next month. Actually found a timing belt kit for sale on cragslist that I'm hoping to pick up for around $45. Acutally was planning on having all the seals done as well. How far out are you from Chandler?

Have you changed out the timing belt yourself before beastpath?

Yeah the guy still has it so I'm picking it up tonight.

What might be a sign of your hubs going bad? At a slow roll (1mph-10mph), the path tends to make a squealing sound. Could that be the sign of bad hubs?

honestly I dont know. It could be your wheel bearings going out.

Take that extra quart of oil out of that engine, over filling is just as bad as under filling. 3.875 quarts does not equal 5 quarts. 4 is okay to round off to, but don't stick an extra quart in there.

I'm not sure which seal it may be. I haven't been able to tell. Is there something I could look for?

I'll get on draining that extra quart.

If the crossmember is wet, its definitely the rear.