• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rocks or other road debris smash into the filters if they are too low

hoses can leak at the fittings or become punctured and leak there

the problem with this truck is the engine bay space is very limited

had it been a bigger vehicle, this kit should not be a problem to install

you can move brackets around but that's not recommended as they are placed in optimal spots

if you are concerned about the oil filter not clearing the headers, that is false

to prevent oil leaking on the starter, slide a piece of cardboard on the starter and then remove the filter

i drive fast on the highways, about 70-90 mph so any particle flying about wouldn't be very nice

i did however install the transmission oil cooler

• 3 years later...

Yes, relocation kit with headers is a MUST! I was changing my oil today, & I got the Fram filter out, but couldn't fit my K& N filter between the frame & the headers. So, I'm ordering a relo kit tomorrow. I had to run & get another Fram filter for now, since I know it can squeeze in. Still messy. The cheapest kit I've found is through JcWhitney. 26.06 for a single & 40.28 for a dual. Speaking of dual filter kit....has anyone ran a dual filter kit? Would it be better, or just a waste of money?

I was going to mount mine in the engine compartment on the side or firewall, but I'm liking the idea of the frame rail....less mess in the engine area & right out into the pan from underneith.