Ordered my Speed Sensor

Toby

theirs a lol "c" clip holdin it on, its not hard at all, the hard part for me wa gettin the new one to fully seat.... dont get it most of the way in and try to use the bolt to get it the rest of the way in... the lil tabe is brittle, i broke mine. and yes their as a o-ring around the spees sensor, and be ready to catch some fluid, so u may need a bucket.

why did you have to order a new speed sensor?

Because I had a flat tire....

my speedo won't work. The cluster is good and the wires aren't cut and i haven't blown any fuses. That would be the only reason to buy one.

picked it up today. It has the O-Ring.

What gear oil should I use in my transfer case? I dunno how much I'll lose from putting this sensor in so I want to top it off.

SHould I use the same as the manual trans? Or should I use something else?

90-95 do. I think the earlier was gear oil, same as the tranny?? Many people run what is in their tranny so if ther is a leak, there is no cross contamination. I can not recall anyone having problems regardless.

B

90-95 do. I think the earlier was gear oil, same as the tranny?? Many people run what is in their tranny so if ther is a leak, there is no cross contamination. I can not recall anyone having problems regardless.

B

so I'd need GL-4? My XE is a 5-speed.

my speedo won't work. The cluster is good and the wires aren't cut and i haven't blown any fuses. That would be the only reason to buy one.

I had a shop replace my speed sensor for the same reason, check engine light was on, had bought a new one from dealer, and had them install, but to no fix, it still doesn't work......Can I only assume that they did not install properly or broke the new one??? Or is there a remote possibility that something else is the cause...could there be a bad speedo cable??? Keep in mind that mine is a 96. I ask only because you say there is only 1 reason to buy a speed sensor.

so I'd need GL-4? My XE is a 5-speed.

Your manual will say ATF. I have ATF in mine, but then I have the automagic tranny.

I think Simon was one of the people who ran gear oil in his transfer case on his old truck. Let me seeif I can find the thread...

B

Yessir. I ran GL-4 in my old T-case. It worked just fine.

yeah i just wanted to make sure that way I didn't screw it up. I figure if the oil looks dirty enough I'll just drain it and replace it.