Wheel Question

Soccerstudd5

Done some searching but just need to clarify....

I'm looking into getting some black steelies, Cragar Soft 8's to be exact. I have 31x10.5's on now, if I get a 15x8 with 4" bs, will I still be able to run the same tires for now and will they stick out more or less than stock (3.75 bs)?

Also, how will the steelies affect my mpg's or overall performance?

Thanks all! :beer:

You can run the same tires no prob, and they will stick out a bit more. As for mpg, what are you running now? The steelies aren't that much heavier than an equivelent sized aluminum. heck depending on the wheel, some aluminums are actually heavier.

Here is an inadequate picture of the exact rims with 31x1.5" tires on them.

Pathytires002.jpg

Yes, you can run them without problems. They will stick out more, and slightly from the fender flares. I'l take a side view picture when I get home today.

B

B, what kind of tires are those?

Those are the BFG MT KM2. So far so good. They hum a bit over 40 mph but I don't mind. The sidewall is strong enough that handling is not adversely affected and I've been to every mall within 15 miles and haven't gotten stuck yet!! :D

B

LOL Pinkie... :D

I'm looking into getting some black steelies, Cragar Soft 8's to be exact. I have 31x10.5's on now, if I get a 15x8 with 4" bs, will I still be able to run the same tires for now and will they stick out more or less than stock (3.75 bs)?

Here is an inadequate picture of the exact rims with 31x1.5" tires on them.

Ok, maybe it wasn't 100% clear. Yes, 4" BS with 8" rims...

B

• 2 weeks later...

Open centers?? Clarification for the elderly, please...

I bought no centers so you can see the front hubs and rear drums. Is this what you mean or center caps that are open ended?? If that is the case, you would need the front open if you have manual hubs but could use closed center caps if you have the autolocking hubs (and fit over them, probably)... :shrug:

I prefer the center capless look on trucks with dirt tires. Does thatr answer a question I don't really understand?? :D

B

Open centers?? Clarification for the elderly, please...

I bought no centers so you can see the front hubs and rear drums. Is this what you mean or center caps that are open ended?? If that is the case, you would need the front open if you have manual hubs but could use closed center caps if you have the autolocking hubs (and fit over them, probably)... :shrug:

I prefer the center capless look on trucks with dirt tires. Does thatr answer a question I don't really understand?? :D

B

Yeah, that's answers it. I didn't clarify much. I guess I meant the optional chrome center caps. But I think I'm going to skip those cause I like the look on yours without.

Thanks, and sorry about the confusion...