New I suppose

Toby

Well, good luck and I hope it is a win for you. Did you read up on some of the problem areas/things to look out for? I believe it is pinned to the top of this section. In a 87 where you are from, rust in the frame (rear wheels) and under the rear seats would be the #1 concern... :shrug:

B

sorry I only put info in quick. I didn't really put the specifics.

it's a 1994 XE. Manual everything. Frame rails look good. Exhaust needs fixed (broke right behind the manifold), and the speedometer isn't working. speedometer may be the speed sensor or the cluster. I'mma run a diagnostic on it when I go to see about finalizing it tomorrow. Exhaust I can probably get fixed for cheap at my friend's shop. Welding isn't exactly my skill. Doesn't appear to be "broken" broken. Looks like it was cut, probably from somebody trying to steal the cat. The belt isn't around the A/C Condensor, which I don't know if it's because it's broken or not. A/C isn't a huge of a concern. If heat still works I'm fine. Only real body damage is a dent in the bottom front of the passenger fender. And a small rust spot in front of the driver's rear tire. Right at that seam. I could probably get that done for cheap too.

But I looked over most the problematic areas. Nothing seemed to be horribly off. It'll probably only cost me $600 or so to buy the truck itself. Motor runs strong.

Overall it'll be a driver for me. I got a 1999 S10 that I plan on dropping and such. So I can't really drive it all the time. Thus I get the pathfinder to drive on the daily.

any parts or work I need isn't as bad to me because I got some friends in body and mechanic shops. And my parents own a salvage yard. So getting parts from there wouldn't be a problem.

also i"m from south central PA. Straight outta compton... or Gettysburg.... lol

*edit* did some searching. There isn't a Check Engine Light on in the truck. so it may be in the speedometer. ill troubleshoot it myself and then come here and complain when I break something. lol.

Edited by Toby

Ok, it doesn't sound like you are a beginner so you will be ok. Pick it up and post some pictures, we'll help with the details... :aok:

and the speedometer isn't working. speedometer may be the speed sensor or the cluster.

The electronic units in the 94-95 are prone to failure. Ground is #1 (pull the entire cluster and check/tighten the brass screws in the back as they are ground points). This doesn't always work, but is the first step and did bring one of my tachs back to life. #2 is to replace the gauge with one that is known to work... :shrug:

I got a 1999 S10 that I plan on dropping and such. So I can't really drive it all the time. Thus I get the pathfinder to drive on the daily.

My guess is that once you drive the pathy for it bit, the S-10 will get dropped, all the way... :D

And my parents own a salvage yard.

LOL, I expect you just made some friends. Expect many PM's...

B

Welcome from California Toby. You got me wondering about Gettysburgh... (I used to work in SoCAl and Compton was one of my sites) :ar15: heh heh heh

I am sure you will enjoy your truck and have lots of fun with her. The guys and gals here are a great bunch of people. We got folks from the Philippines, to Australia, a jump up to New Zealand and a skip over to Chile, up to Brazil, Mexico, the U.S. and Good Ol' Canada Eh!

Oh I forgot the Former U.S.S.R heh heh! :friday:

Anyway I mean to say there is vast knowledge here as well as camaraderie and a little bit of hecklin... once you get to know folks.

Come on in, pull up a chair and grab a beer!

:welcome::beer:

Welcome and good luck with getting it!

And my parents own a salvage yard. So getting parts from there wouldn't be a problem.

As B said, expect to become popular rather fast...

also i"m from south central PA. Straight outta compton... or Gettysburg.... lol

...certian members more than others. What's the yard name? Might have dealt with it before through work in the past.

the S10 will just probably get a 4/6 drop. Nothing too spectacular. But it wouldn't be able to be a daily with that low of a ride.

but yeah this site is pretty informative. There isn't so much out there on Pathfinders I found out. Took me a little bit of searching to find this site. But all the articles seem good and the site seems friendly. I'm a member at S10forum as well and it seems like they'll eat most people alive within their first 1,000 posts. lol

I'll check that on the speedometer though. That would make sense.

and the junkyard doesn't have a whole lot of pathfinders at the moment. But we got a ton of cars and such. Frankie's Used Auto Parts in Gettysburg, PA.

OK lied, haven't had any distant dealings with ya, bu tstill have to remember even if you don't have alot of Nissan there, many people here have multipule vechiles

And as for the lowered DD s-10, driven daily in pothole ridden Pittsburgh for years AND still used as a pickup

000_0324.jpg

I drive through the highway to work. So alot of stuff gets kicked up and thrown at my truck now. And people like to be jerks and mess with any modified car/truck. My camaro got keyed multiple times and my s10 has been hit in the bumper with some kind of bar. I'd just rather have it as a project lol.

here is a link to where i posted pics of the truck though

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23829