2001-2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Pezzy

I'de choose Zahle , lebanon :aok:

I would love to have a conversation and hear opinions but with people who can lead one as the majority of the members of this forum

Apart from missing the point of the H3 and R50 being compared with H1 and WD the replies about the VQ and the WD engine powers proved the ignorance point which you have raised .

you compared the WD to the R50, not me. when i compared the R50 to the WD, i specifically used the early VG33 models for comparison. the R50 VG33 has 170hp, so even compared to the WD VG30, it's only an increase of 17hp (or only 10hp, depending on your market). i wouldn't exactly call that a significant amount.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell. just or my 2 cents worth aswell. Still all comes down to how the hell you drive it. Me i prefer an oldr car. Just so its easier to fix on the side of the road. Aslong as it gets you from a to c and over the top of b......lol

Funny my crappy, slow, "anemic" 3 liter motor uses 0 quarts per 5k miles. And its got 175k on it.

X2

So be it, the VQ runs over 10:1 compression...this is a lot more pressure in each cylinder the any VG exempting a forced induction model under boost. It is also a damn good thing they don't burn any oil as with under 4 qts total it would die in 5K if it burned any.

I am fairly sure there are planty of VG's that developed rod knock from oil starvation and got shuttled to the JY just as any other engine. It's not like oil consumption at my rate is some "fail" factor for quality of the engine or how long it will last.

Many low tech engines don't burn any oil and don't produce many HP's. If it lasts forever at that rate who cares with no power how much fun did you have?

Know anybody with an old 4 cyl non turbo Mustang that just raves about performance and that it has lasted forever? :chairfall:

...the future is throw away engines, and vehicle recycling wether we like it or not, the only saving grace is that Nissan, Honda & Toyota have decided that theirs should be less throw away than domsetic US products.

Edited by 02silverpathy

Wow, this thread really went off the rails fast. I don't even know who's arguing about what anymore.

Comparing an H1 to an H3 is comparing apples to oranges. One is a military-derived vehicle that debuted with a massive turbo-diesel engine (TORQUE, folks) that put out cr*p hp but has outstanding features like parts of the drivetrain and tranny mounted inside the cab for maximum clearance, the ability to ford 30 inches of water/climb a 60% grade/climb a 22-inch vertical wall/make it through a 40% side grade fully loaded, central tire inflation system, axle shafts mounted towards the TOP of the hubs (for additional clearance) and a very powerful diesel engine.

The H3 is built off the GM Colorado pickup platform. Yeah, it's been gussied up and made more "offroad oriented" but saying it is able to navigate trails the H1 cannot is not particularly relevant. Why ? Because the core of the H1 was built for the ARMY and they have COMBAT ENGINEERING BATTALIONS.

That means THIS:

caterpillar-d9-bulldozer.jpg

(Yes, those tiny stick figures in the foreground are people.)

The whole "VG or VQ" thing is impossible to resolve using the highly sophisticated "butt dynometer" tool. The widely accepted method of comparing 2 engines from a power perspective is to graph their respective torque curves. If you want to use more exotic things like how much oil your truck consumes, that's up to you but is not empirical or valid unless you're trying to save $1 on oil changes. (And Adam, if your truck uses ZERO quarts in 5k miles, get a new odometer.)

WD21 vs R50. Let's not kid ourselves here. One is a body-on-frame vehicle. The other is a unibody with a carlike (not coil-over shock) front suspension and no true frame. Whether you prefer one or another is up to you. Let's leave the whole "I like my car so I will defend it to the death" thing out of this.

Wow, this thread really went off the rails fast. I don't even know who's arguing about what anymore.

True this :huh: Pezzy was right from the beginning

I have started this WD vs R50 but along the way the discussion took off another course

WD21 vs R50. Let's not kid ourselves here. One is a body-on-frame vehicle. The other is a unibody with a carlike (not coil-over shock) front suspension and no true frame. Whether you prefer one or another is up to you. Let's leave the whole "I like my car so I will defend it to the death" thing out of this.

To sum up all what I said the comparison of H3 vs H1 not fair to be projected to the comparison of R50 VS WD

Being stock each of the R50 and the WD have ADVANTAGES in different areas

The comparrison I made between the H1 to H3 was nothing more than a tongue in cheek comment. At the end of the day, does it really matter what anyone thinks of your truck? As long as your happy with it, to hell with everything else.

I live in the land of Patrols and Cruisers on every corner, us Terrano/Pathy owners are treated like second class and laughed at, but we don't care because we love our trucks.

The comparrison I made between the H1 to H3 was nothing more than a tongue in cheek comment. At the end of the day, does it really matter what anyone thinks of your truck? As long as your happy with it, to hell with everything else.

:beer:

I live in the land of Patrols and Cruisers on every corner, us Terrano/Pathy owners are treated like second class and laughed at, but we don't care because we love our trucks.

Ditto , here between a car and another you will find a land cruiser or a patrol an my Paty is reffered to as the little truck ( which is visualy true the Pathy next to a Patrol or and LC looks like a midget ) but hey i surely love it when the little truck keeps up with the big boys ;)

I am loving my Paty every day ( but not like the guy in the other topic hehehe)

Oh I know. It wasn't really directed at you. You're too chilled out for me to have takent aht seriously. :)

:beer:

Ditto , here between a car and another you will find a land cruiser or a patrol an my Paty is reffered to as the little truck ( which is visualy true the Pathy next to a Patrol or and LC looks like a midget ) but hey i surely love it when the little truck keeps up with the big boys ;)

I am loving my Paty every day ( but not like the guy in the other topic hehehe)

:beer::)