its a hardbody day

GEOz2k7

Alright ladies and gentleman. i basically killed the pathfinder and i got a 4x4 hardbody for a great steal. now i got a few problems. First my torsion bars cranked when i first cranked them. then i pulled them did my clutch and they only lift to about stock height.... how do i fix this? and then the rear i have leaf springs. They are all flat unless i am flexing out only the bottom one is. and suggestions without a lift? i want my rear the same hieight because my truck will sit higher in the rear and i dislike that a lot lol. but if u guys have any suggestions plz help me out. and what should i do with my front suspension ifs. i like crawling up stuff and trails. not hauling ass. sas is out of my money for now. thanks for ur help/

Grant

Yep, it sounds like you are one spline off. Be sure to clock them before you remove them.

B

i got to pull the bar all the way out and move left a spline or what? and do u think the nut or bolt could be stripped?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is the issue and I doubt it, but you will see that when you remove the adjustment bolt/nut/arm prior to removing the torsion bars. Either way the answer is live with it, pull them 1/2 way off and find the problem or pull them all the way and re-index them. It is a good idea to put some oil on the adjustment bolt threads.

B

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is the issue and I doubt it, but you will see that when you remove the adjustment bolt/nut/arm prior to removing the torsion bars. Either way the answer is live with it, pull them 1/2 way off and find the problem or pull them all the way and re-index them. It is a good idea to put some oil on the adjustment bolt threads.

B

ok i am gonna try that tomorrow. but i cant find the re index page.

i got to pull the bar all the way out and move left a spline or what? and do u think the nut or bolt could be stripped?

I had the stripped thread issue on a HB once, mixed with weak springs that didn't have much arch left to them. A set of helper leafs( the ones you actually add to the leaf pack, not the dorky ones you clamp to half the leaf) or a small block will give you some height in the back if you get your front end straightened out and get it up higher than the rear.

Yeah, if you need some help in the rear just get a set of AALs.

alright. i tryd the re indexing t bars.... it went up like a 1/4 inch on my driver side both sides are maxed.... its time for new t bars. but now. the rear. i have a 1990 pathfinder running but blown tranny and radiator is cracked. haas anyone took the stock links off a pathfinder and put them on a hardbody? if so enlighten me on how u liked it and if there is a nice way to do extended links and what not for a not to super expensive truck. thanks for ur help ladies and gents

Your uppers would need to have a custom mount added to the frame (and the gas tank would probably need relocated). Not sure of the width for the lowers, but you could probably use the front leaf mounts to attach the lowers, you would probably need to extend them a couple inches to do that anyway. Then you would have to make some spring perches for the frame side as well as a mount for the panhard bar and shocks (or "cut and paste" those parts of the frame from the Pathy).

Your uppers would need to have a custom mount added to the frame (and the gas tank would probably need relocated). Not sure of the width for the lowers, but you could probably use the front leaf mounts to attach the lowers, you would probably need to extend them a couple inches to do that anyway. Then you would have to make some spring perches for the frame side as well as a mount for the panhard bar and shocks (or "cut and paste" those parts of the frame from the Pathy).

i thought the gas tanks are identical spots on them both. maybe i was wrong. but ya i was thinkin about just cutting the entire link mounts and re welding them to the hardbody same with the spring perches.

WD21 tanks are in the rear "pocketed" between the rails so to say. D21 tanks are length-wise along the inside of the right frame rail. Fab the Pathfinder tank into the HB frame, "back half" the wd frame onto the HB, or use the trans and rad out of the HB to put the Pathfinder back on the road? (Not that I recomend it but I swear I remember someone somewhere frame stacking a Nissan. Pathfinder and Hardbody frames have to be at least close...)

Edited by nunya