when you get your pathfinder inspected

suzonka

when they inspect my wifes car the wires are in the open and they clamp a prob or something on the spark plug wire to check the emmissions, ON a Pathfinder my 2003 I cant see any wires, so how do they find the wire to do the inspection?

anybody ever watch them do it thanks if you know?

Im guessing you get the old tailpip[e probe test and your talking about the rpm signal pick-up. I know in PA (on 95 and older with more than 5k miles a year put on) we have to get that done. They 'should' have a seperate pick up that does not have to be actually clip to a wire but can still pick up rpm signals.

never heard of such a thing.

u dont have spark plug wire on your 2003 because they have independent spark plug coils on top of every plug... no wires....

they check teh emissions using the OBD2 connector under your dashboard, fuel cap pressure test, and the tail pipe sniffer. The only thing they should do in the engine bay is a visual inspection.

never heard of such a thing.

u dont have spark plug wire on your 2003 because they have independent spark plug coils on top of every plug... no wires....

they check teh emissions using the OBD2 connector under your dashboard, fuel cap pressure test, and the tail pipe sniffer. The only thing they should do in the engine bay is a visual inspection.

Thanks , this makes a logical answer I hope your right because I don't want anybody ***ING WITH MY ENGINE IT RUNS strong as a tank and idles like a Rolls Royce.

This is why Im glad I have no emissions testing where I'm at. Just anual safety inspection.

tHATS A GOOD HOLE YOUR IN , NICE PATHFINDER ,SAY WHAT OR HOW THIN DO YOU LET YOUR FRONT BRAKE PADS GET BEFORE YOUCHANGE THEM ,HERES WHAT MINE ARE DOWN TO 1/4TH OF AN INCH INSPECTION SAYS I NEED NEW ONES

The only time they hook up to a spark plug wire is when they can't get signal from your cigarette lighter. That is where they pick up an electric RPM reading. the actual emission testing is done through your OBD plug, and exhaust probe.