New (Old) Member

GreaseMonky81

Well I actually joined back in January but am just getting around to introducing myself. Anyways, I have a 1987 Pathfinder XE, maroon, with maroon, power windows, locks, mirrors, pop out sun roof, spare tire carrier, V6, 5-spd, 4x4, ac, tilt, cruise. Mods so far include, custom roof (safari) basket, stereo install, including pioneer head unti with i pod control, phenoix gold 6 1/2's and 6X9's, to eclipse amps, and two MTX thunder 5000 series 10's in a slot port box. Magnum S9 10 meter radio, with an 11 meter conversion, and a texas star 250hdv linear, 1500 watt coleman invertor, dual 2" exhaust with flowmaster 40 series, and no cats. and a lot more to come. I will try to get some pics soon

Edited by GreaseMonky81

I have seen you around! Welcome again dude.

Emissions are every 2 years here in WA so you can do whatever for that time and then swap the goodies back in before you go in to be tested. However getting caught by a cop without cats is a HUGE fine. Vancouver cops don't even care anyway so it's no big deal.

Thanks for the welcomes all. As far as emission testing goes, I just took it thru this year so it has to go agagin in 2011, and then that is the last time.

As far as mods for the out side I want to lift it of course, I am very pleased on how well it does off raod so far, I did find out the hard way that the ECM is mounted to low. And I bent two tie rods last weekend, but other than that no problems so far.

I want to get more power also, and ad a second battery, a snorkel, and some mounts to my roof basket for jack shovel and axe, also considering the JC center console.,

I am also thinking I may want to change the diff gears, if i go to 33's right now it has 4.3's I think, and maybe eventually a sas

Welcome dude. Are you running headers or manifolds? Did you notice much of a difference from opening up the exhaust and 86'n the cats?

I am running manifolds right now I did notice ta difference the first time I did it, it was a drop in low end, I believe it was casued by going with 2 1/2" pipe second time i went with 2"

Welcome to NPORA (and feel free to help in our cause to get our founder's truck back to him)

ok... a shameless plug but not everyone finds that thread on their own.