Body Lifting A Pathfinder

phoenix

Hi Guys

So i am considering a body lift to the pathfinder but i want to know if there is any 4wd shops or mechanics that will do it, it will have to be withing 50 ks of Dandenong (Australia/Vic), i know doing it myself will save probably $500 in labour but if anyone can recommended any places within the area i specified and a cost to expect that would be great.

Also i have recently put some new wheels on which are wider and this is causing alot of mud to come up onto the car now, so if anyone knows were i could get wider fenders in australia that would be great.

Its a WD21 1992 model.

Hi. there are very few aussies on here. and most of us are from perth. not to knock the forum but another forum such as 4x4earth or pcoa wich is the aussie pathfinder forum. they should be able to help you out further with that one. But also dont forget to drop into the aussie thread and say hi.

and for flares you can either try any fourby shop and i belive clark rubber also have flares to go on. these are a d.i.y thing but a mechanic would probly put them on for you

Are you guys allowed to have 3" bl's down there? Cause if your just looking for a 2", I'd go for doin it yourself considering how little junk you gotta mess with for a 2"

And idk if your looking for wider FENDERS or for wider FLARES, but 4x4parts.com has 'prerunner' flares that bulge an extra 4" out and I believe give more tire clearance, dunno bout shipping

Edited by OldSlowReliable

Phoenix, at the bottom of the main page are sections divided by world region. Go to the AU/NZ section and ask the same there. We have many members down under who will chime in.

Good luck!!

B

Are you guys allowed to have 3" bl's down there? Cause if your just looking for a 2", I'd go for doin it yourself considering how little junk you gotta mess with for a 2"

And idk if your looking for wider FENDERS or for wider FLARES, but 4x4parts.com has 'prerunner' flares that bulge an extra 4" out and I believe give more tire clearance, dunno bout shipping

we go a 2 inch lift here couse in most of the states and terratories in australia you dont need modification plates for now. anything over 2 inch and its a pain in the but

2" BL, and you can do it with a weekend and some basic hand tools

It will def help to have a buddy to help with some of the more complicated tasks (lining up rear captive bolts and such) and if you have access to another vehicle, its a DREAM, Idk what I woulda done without my DD car, cause I had to make a few trips out to the parts stores and hardware store (to buy grinder, and radiator hose for 3" lift)

Does it have factory flares on it to begin with? If not they may be wide enough to help you out?

Yer it already has factory flares, but after putting the wider wheels on its put the tyers slightly out of the body, so i need wider flares to stop all the mud coming up onto the body.

Were do you find the regulations on ride heights this? (vic roads website is over complicated to find simple information) so is it legal to have a 2'' suspension lift and a 2" body lift in Australia/Victoria without having to do anything in the terms of modification permits?

Edited by phoenix

Were do you find the regulations on ride heights this? (vic roads website is over complicated to find simple information) so is it legal to have a 2'' suspension lift and a 2" body lift in Australia/Victoria without having to do anything in the terms of modification permits?

Not sure about VIC, but I know here in WA we are only allowed 2" body/susp/tyres total lift, so if you do 2" body lift, you cant change anything else legally.

I think TJM have a mega sotre in Dandenong, or hunt down a local 4wd club, they will be the people who will know all your local mod laws.