New bushings

N2mesnob

UPDATE!!!

Lately I’ve been focused on replacing as many of the stock rubber bushing with polyurethane ones as much as possible.

So far I’ve replaced the bushings for the front compression rods.

The bushings are listed as front strut rod bushings... after much research and no real help from that Chilton book I bought, I found out that 89-95 PF have compression rods not strut rods.

I've also replaced the OEM front bump stops…

P7270459.jpg

with low profile urethane bump stops

P7260437.jpg

P7270443.jpg

And I figured since I was already there to replace the front OEM sway bar bushings too.

P7260436.jpg

P7270452.jpg

P7270446.jpg

P7270447.jpg

P7270448.jpg

P7270450.jpg

She squeaks like sex on an old bed but I don't mind...

P7270456.jpg

Better that than a tick from the engine I can't find. :stickwack:

I used all of that sticky @$$ grease that came with it maybe I should've gone and bought more to use before the install.

Owell live and learn :puterpunch:

Now I know for when I do the rear sway bar. (note to self and whom ever else: buy and use plenty of that grease that is so sticky it feels more like glue than grease when installing urethane bushings)

THe energy bushings are taller because they are intended for a lifted aplication. speaking of being lifted I'm considering putting my front bar back on.

Strut rod Conpression/Tension rod they are all pretty much differant names for the same thing. but yes it can make it confusing.

good work and nice pictures Do you have a BL? you might whack your fenders with those bumpstops if you are running 31"+ I have hit the edge of my fenders a several times with stock bumpstops the inner lip has been rolled upward because of is as well as some peeling.

I just used a bunch of that grease yesterday on the seal for my swimming pool pump. It's the same stuff as most marine lube applications. The tube I have is called Magic Lube. It's way cheaper than buying the Energy Suspension stuff. I use it on all of my suspension bushings and it really keeps the urethane quiet. Totally nasty to clean up though.

I use it on all of my suspension bushings and it really keeps the urethane quiet. Totally nasty to clean up though.

I bought a tub of the energy suff "formula 5" it has kept my calmini quiet for 4 moths now.

as far as cleanup, that easy, get a rag and a can of wd40 once the wd40 has displaced it, it whipes of easily. I discovered this trick when I ran out of acetone. and decided to try something.

Thanks to everyone for the kudos and the constructive input ...

Like i said my plan is to replace all the bushings i can with urethane

Right now I'm still rolling stock wheels with no plans right now to go up or down, but i have been playing with idea of trying to find the same height but stiffer rear springs to put on my baby.

Thanks to everyone for the kudos and the constructive input ...

Like i said my plan is to replace all the bushings i can with urethane

Right now I'm still rolling stock wheels with no plans right now to go up or down, but i have been playing with idea of trying to find the same height but stiffer rear springs to put on my baby.

"stock wheels" came in several sizes... Mine were 31x10.5 stock wheels also ranged from 265/75r15 to 235/75r15 (28"-31")