High pitch whine

Soccerstudd5

Well, since I just got my old pathfinder back, there is a new sound I didn't remember. The previous owner put a set of new tires on it, they're Prime Well's (I've never heard of them before) and there is now a high pitch whine starting at about 35-40 mph. The previous owner also had new CV axles put on and I was wondering if perhaps the auto hubs are not put back on correctly and the axles are constantly spinning in 2wd even though the tires aren't. My 4wd indicator light is also always on, which it wasn't when I sold it and it had actually been fixed once.

Thanks for the help!

is my ex wife in youre car. she usualy squels when the 4wd indicator was on to.

Dude, that is not helpful in the slightest......Also Damn you for beating me to it :lol:

:beer:

On topic, The new tyre aren't rubbing on anything? Has the adjustment for the transfer case been messed with?

Does it go through all 2H, 4H, N and 4L normally?

It goes through 2 to 4, but seems a little tight.

It is a manual but not the trans. Has a rebuilt I put in 8k miles ago and it does it in nuetral at same speed.

while in neutral ... does it still do it with the clutch pushed in?

could be an idler pulley

mine whined like a bitch then i replaced it with a cheap one and its whining again now time to go get one from dealer

if it doesn't go up and down with rpms that could mean something is up with a differential

if your final drive fails, you will get a high pitched whine

Edited by Tungsten