rear spacers?

wrightfox

so ive never ever heard anyone talking about these. i have about a 2" coil lift on my pathfinder also warn manual locking hubs. the next thing im wanting is 32's. i discovered i would most likely need strut mount spacers for the front. im working on getting those already. but then i discovered these. i figure if i do 2" spacers in the front and do a 1" spacer in front i'll be close to level after i get a new front bumper but before i get any further with my truck i need the spacers.

SO!!!! does anyone know where to get these. the fit over the stock rear mount and then adds height. please help i cant find them and want them!!

this is where i found them. this guy has them on his but he hasnt gotten online in forever so i need outside help and you can look at them and see them better too.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/515112/3

post-11922-1249010776_thumb.jpg

see and i'd like to fit 33's to. thats what i wanted until i found out stock possibility was 31's depending on how your truck settled and the coils i was still tod some people cant fit them. depends on rim and settling. but i still want them. if i could get those spacers giv eme that much mor eheight it would make me happy. i wouldnt feel like i was driving such a little vehicle. plus with 33's i'd have alot of height.

I have stock ride with 31x10.50/15 on the stock wheels. Never had any issues.

What I find peculiar (sp?) about this is that 2" front spacer is sandwiched, and not on top. 2"? Really? Well, I guess it answered my question about his CV's handling that. And his rear ones are mounted on the bottom, not the top as I have seen before. I wonder if it is easier that way. I really want to do a 3" SFD (instead of the usual 3.5-4.5, if you can call an SFD usual...).

Interesting indeed...

Jose

Edited by 180sx

so i didnt quite get all that. if i can get 3-5 inches out of my finder i would be happy and content. so if i can get the spacers on and fit 33's damn id be happy. then the safari rack spare mounted on top and then some lights and mayber the new bumper if i can afford it.

what is the sfd? i dont get that. im not big on this stuff im a lamen

SFD = subframe drop. Because the R50 is unibody construction (Nissan Monoframe) a body lift is not an option. A subframe drop basically entails installing spacers in order to lower the subframe from the unibody. This will allow for larger tires, the biggest I've seen 35".

4" SFD is the most common but rumours are some have gone as big as 6".

In any case, a SFD is a good option because unlike suspension spacers, a SFD will lower your drivetrain and thus avoid increased strain on CV axles. Anything greater than 2-3" in suspension lift and the CV axles will be at very harsh angles.

Well basically what a SFD is, is a additional 4in of lift through the use of 4in strut spacers up front, 4in subframe blocks, engine blocks and 4in rear coil spacers. Afew of us on this board have ordered some from a member but havent yet gotten the whole kit. But with this kit you get 6in lift and can fit up to 35's here are some pics

tmorgan2.jpg

BlackQX4_6.jpg

OH MY &^%*ing HOLY EVERYTHING!!! I WANT THIS... how much is it?? i want it. what do i need to do to get this. tell me everything about it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it would be best not to tell you...for your own safety...im sure ty and boston and many others on this site would agree with me on that :D But its all custom..sorry

ya, it's been months and even years for one member, and the NPORA member still has not completed a single set. even though he took all their money. :rolleyes:

i suggest begging tmorgan4 to build you a set. probably a better quality kit, and definitely a more trustworthy member. good luck with that though. he's really busy with his own V8-swapped front-clipped SAS'd Pathfinder... :D

OH MY &^%*ing HOLY EVERYTHING!!! I WANT THIS... how much is it?? i want it. what do i need to do to get this. tell me everything about it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To answer your question with a little more directness and fewer references to an event you know nothing about, thus telling you nothing and not answering the question at all, you can't really get a SFD at the moment. There are no companies that make them and the few that are around have either been made by members or custom done by a person's local fab shop. The members who have made them in the past are not currently making them, and have given no indication of making them in the future, so your only option really is to get a local shop to custom make one. I can't really give a price estimate, but I think I recall $2,000 being mentioned as the entire price for the shop to get the vehicle, figure out what needed to be made, make it, and install it. However, there are at least pictures if not also measurements on this board, so maybe you could just give the specs to a shop to save some money, although it'd still be quite expensive, I'd think.

:goodpost:

Hank is right. The lack of aftermarket support for the R50 is truly disappointing so the vast majority of modification is custom fabrication. The subframe drop thing is seriously awesome but requires a ton of research, time and money, especially if this type of custom modification is new to you.

Hopefully Tyler (tmorgan) or even Alex (nissandoms47) will chime in here and provide some additional information. I have been tinkering with this SFD thing since I first learned of it and there are some interesting options out there. :aok:

Here's a link for some more SFD'd R50s, these being the JDM Terrano. Enjoy. :D

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22432

At the risk of sounding heretical, I think you can get 33s, 34s and 35s in WITHOUT an SFD. It all depends on how much articulation you want up front and how much aesthetics matter to you. I have 32s (really 31.6" in the popular 265/75-16 size) and, using those as a base, measured the additional space required for 35s. Interco makes a number of 35s that are 10.5/265 mm wide. However, I wanted plenty of room for front flex and was concerned the 35s would fill up too much of the wheel well. So I went with their 33" TrXus radials with 255 mm width instead. (These are actually a bit taller than the advertised size. Interco tends to underestime sizes a bit.)

To get 33s and up in without tire rub, you need to trim the plastic front bumper, remove all the plastic splash guards inside the wheel well and get wheels with low (<3.75") backspacing. This is where most people stop. Very few wheels are available with backspacing in the 3-3.75" range and not everyone likes the available designs. Also, a lot of people DON'T like cutting plastic. This is purely a personal preference issue. I'll post up pics of the 33s either late this weekend or early next week.

Edited by GoPathyGo

:FartExplode-vi:

wow thanks for all the hits guys, i dont know the guy but the nissandom47 is a utah guy so hopefully hes near slc thats where i reside. if i could get in contact with him, can he do the whole kit. the steering and all.. or is it still not a complete thing liek we dont know what all components are needed, just got the basic done and its working?? sorry im not huge into this( no mech) but i changed my freakin altinator twice that was fun ahah.. but thanks guys. any more info would be great. i also heard the morgan guy has a sas'd finder??? oh and what exactly does SAS'd mean?? see it everywhere but no clue what it means

:FartExplode-vi:

wow thanks for all the hits guys, i dont know the guy but the nissandom47 is a utah guy so hopefully hes near slc thats where i reside. if i could get in contact with him, can he do the whole kit. the steering and all.. or is it still not a complete thing liek we dont know what all components are needed, just got the basic done and its working?? sorry im not huge into this( no mech) but i changed my freakin altinator twice that was fun ahah.. but thanks guys. any more info would be great. i also heard the morgan guy has a sas'd finder??? oh and what exactly does SAS'd mean?? see it everywhere but no clue what it means

Appreciate your interest and enthusiasm. As far Nissandom47 is concerned, you may want to read this thread:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22491

SAS = Solid Axle Swap. Replace the Independent Suspension with a solid axle setup up front. Very expensive and time-consuming but probably the single "most awesomest mod ever".

ive seen those before and they have been my goal since i got mine. if i could get mine to that point get 7"-8" on my finder with some 33's or 35's man i wouldnt ever sell mine. oh and yes i will have to get fenders flairs. mine doesnt even have the stock, but if you ever got a way to get your buddies ver seas to get us some man am i in!!

wow thats not cool at all. i hope things worked out or work out there. not to be heartless but are the messurments on a forum cuz then i can get them made and then get them installed and not lose any money and have no results. only other thing i can think is maybe they didnt want all these bad A$$ pathfinders rollin around. oh and the ones over seas? were those custome or factory built just curious

To get 33s and up in without tire rub, you need to trim the plastic front bumper, remove all the plastic splash guards inside the wheel well and get wheels with low (<3.75") backspacing. This is where most people stop. Very few wheels are available with backspacing in the 3-3.75" range and not everyone likes the available designs. Also, a lot of people DON'T like cutting plastic. This is purely a personal preference issue.

Certain 33's could be done with a bit a of trimming. I have no plastic inner lining (which is partly how I destroyed the original engine) & my front plastic bumper has been cut-the-hell-up for a couple of years now. I know it would fit most 33's, but I still run a 32x11.5 tire on a rim with 3.75" of BS b/c I like having the room for what little flex our R50's can do

Pic of the front bumper

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

but can we get them or the specs atleast if i can get the darn spec i can get my patthy up i have a guy that will build them but i want working specs so i dont have some guy guessin ya know

but can we get them or the specs atleast if i can get the darn spec i can get my patthy up i have a guy that will build them but i want working specs so i dont have some guy guessin ya know

The only sources for dimensions and specs on here would be Tyler (tmorgan) or Alex (nissandoms). For MudJayson, the kits are no longer being made unless by special order. Even then, you're looking at probably close to ~$2,000 alone just to have a kit built.

Boston how did loosing the plastic lining contribute to you totaling the first engine? When I get my 33's maybe 34's I plan on just heating up the plastic with a torch and bending it back.....hopefully not catching my engine on fire whilst doing so :O