Taurus fan ignition source?

beastpath

I just installed my taurus fan, everything is connected except the ignition source wire.

What is there under the hood that I can connect this to? It needs to be a hot wire only when the ignition is turned on.

THNKS!

the realy box against the passenger fenderwall is a good place to start, the one labled 'Main Relay' remains on for about 15 sec after the engingine is shut off. thats the one I used because I wanted it to run a little(if needed) when I walk away from the vehcile, fuel pump realy would work as well if you don't want that feature, just splice the trigger wire and your good to go.

th_MainRelay.jpg

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...st&p=408812 (my 'black magic xtreme' install)

Edited by MY1PATH

lol, ok, so i couldnt finish wiring it tonight as I ran out of buttadapters to extend the ground line from the fan.

So instead of wiring it just under the hood, I would like to install a switch in the cab. How exactly do I get the wire into the cab? and when Im in there, what can i splice into?

some people have mentioned something about going through the wheel well? but i dont have any access panels down there. what is the best way to get through the firewall?

There is a big round rubber boot where the engine harness enters the cab. It is on the passenger side of the firewall. When I run wires back I cut a slit in that boot and push the wire through to the cab. It will come out behind the dash by the passenger side foot well. Since it's a small wire you might want to attatch it to a piece of firm wire (coat hanger) and use that to guide it through. I can show you when you come by tomorrow.

thanks Tom,

actually I drilled a hole through the clutch plate, and have wired almost everything up. Still unsure what ignition source to attach to near the fuse box.

any ideas anyone?

i wired it to the windshield washer fuse line, and it works. however, when i turn the truck off the fan will still turn on if the sensor is hot.

are all the fuse wires constant hot?