Finally got my 3 inch spacers made

CODY

Well I finallygot my 3 inch Strut Spacers Fabricated. made them from 1/4 steel plate and 1/4 round tube with a 4 inch Inner Diameter. let me know what you think.

post-14887-1246665835_thumb.jpg

That should do the job. That look similar to the one the ones that I fab up a few months ago, when I did my SFD drop. I have question on the 3" height . I went with 4" height all the way round on mine including the subframe block and motor mounts that way the steering extension would fit perfect. Right now, I'm going to try the F-350 coil spring in the rear and see how that going to work, also see what to do for a panhard extension or bracket for now.

That should do the job. That look similar to the one the ones that I fab up a few months ago, when I did my SFD drop. I have question on the 3" height . I went with 4" height all the way round on mine including the subframe block and motor mounts that way the steering extension would fit perfect. Right now, I'm going to try the F-350 coil spring in the rear and see how that going to work, also see what to do for a panhard extension or bracket for now.

If you do go and try those F350 Coils let me know what happens I would be very interested in going with bigger coils instead of the spring spacers. What coils would you use, the stock coils? I would assume any lift coil would be much too stiff

im just gonna paint them for now. as far as the rear im still fabbing up the spacer. i will get better pics later today. i have also thought of the f350 coils also. has anyone else tried the f350 coils? let me know. in front im gonna use the spacers with oem coils for now.

Edited by CODY

f350 coils might work with an SFD. All i know is when we finished the front SAS the front sat like 3 inches or so higher then the rear and the rear was setup for an SFD. f350 coils make the rear sit like an inch higher then the front with the SAS. Youd be better off finding something else for non sas'd pathys because the black pathy is pretty much 1-ton suspension. It rides like a fricken tank. but hasn't broken or anything yet. Still flexes too. we used f350 6" lift coils for the front. if you look at those you'll just have to imagine how big this pathy is.

well i put the spacers in and had a problem. it gave me 6 inches of lift and my sway bar was hitting the strut and the lower ball joints were maxed out also. guess i will cut the spacers in half and try again. those of you who have done the SFD how did u do it? mines a 2 wheel drive.

I think I might have a few extras....but you're going to have to figure out the hardware and steering extensions. I don't have everything to complete the kit.

if u do let me know on a price and all. i have tons of grade 8 hardware i can use. also send me some pics if u can please. thanks

I think I might have a few extras....but you're going to have to figure out the hardware and steering extensions. I don't have everything to complete the kit.

yea, if you got another set (or extras, whatever) after his, I'd like to pick those up from ya!

• 3 weeks later...