92 XE rear wiper problem

KP3S

Any1 one had this problem? 1992 XE Auto tranny that the rear wiper motor don't want to shut off, I was looking for the relay but can't find it or maybe is the rocker switch if any1 has one laying around and don't need it I will buy it. Also looking for the E-AT rocker switch. Thanks for reading.

Edited by KP3S

well, idk if you know this or not, my ma didn't when she used the pathy as a DD....there are a few clicks on the rocker for the rear wiper-

All the way left- On Full Power

One from Left- Medium Power

One from Right- Off

Right- Fluid/On

If you just happen to be on the wrong click, try putting it one from the furthest right, and then if that doesn't work, I would try pulling the switch apart to see if there is something jumbled inside, which is what happened with my foglight switch a while back...

well, idk if you know this or not, my ma didn't when she used the pathy as a DD....there are a few clicks on the rocker for the rear wiper-

All the way left- On Full Power

One from Left- Medium Power

One from Right- Off

Right- Fluid/On

If you just happen to be on the wrong click, try putting it one from the furthest right, and then if that doesn't work, I would try pulling the switch apart to see if there is something jumbled inside, which is what happened with my foglight switch a while back...

I tried that. I think either the switch is bad or the relay is bad. I just need to know where the relay is located, I know is not on the engine compartment, I checked all the relays there.

Edited by KP3S

Still can't find the relay for the rear windshield wiper. I find out today that if I remove the fuse for the rear wiper the front windshield washer pump don't work, LOL. I disconnected the rear wiper at the tail gate.

Here you go...

wd21rearwiperrelayloc.th.jpg

The detail is for a 2door, but this page came directly from a 1994 WD21 FSM, so it should be in the same general area.

Also if you find that you do need a new switch, I could pick one op from a local wrecking yard for you (if they have one) including an E-AT switch. But given shipping, have you check wrecking yards down there?