Goodyear Authority AT Tire

sthrnfat

Saw some new goodyears on a jeep in a local parking lot. If you're on the bubble between an AT and an MT tire this looks like a decent choice. Basically an aggressive AT. Looks pretty good and price isn't too bad. Some pics here.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27715

Edited by sthrnfat

but for 150-160 a tire, why wouldnt you buy something reputable like a BFGoodrich for the same price ??

im in the market for tires right now and i think i wouldnt feel comfortable 500 miles down into Baja riding on walmart tires (is it a psychological thing?)

the KM2 does look less aggressive than the previous KO... but id be willing to give them a try if i could get a good deal on them... ill check in the next few days and keep you posted, alexrex

especially now. the (old) BFG M/T have really dropped in price lately. they are like 150 each in my neighborhood, while you cant find BFG A/T's for under 200 each

those are both street tires as well.

oh, we forgot that you run uber tires that are waaay better than anyone elses and anything else is subpar and therefore has no place in offroad and gives you the right to be a dick to people that you have no right to be a dick to....

My bad!

Im looking @ bfg a/t as my next tire, or whatever looks like a good deal :-)

Most places round here don't carry alot of the bigger size tires.....walmart only carries the bfg at in 33" so i think i'll go with theirs :\

oh, we forgot that you run uber tires that are waaay better than anyone elses and anything else is subpar and therefore has no place in offroad and gives you the right to be a dick to people that you have no right to be a dick to....

actually, i run michelin LTX A/T2 which is a highway-oriented all-terrain tire. you obviously missed the sarcasm in my post; the goodyear MTR and toyo MT are awesome off-road tires, while still being streetable.

as for not being a dick to people, shut the fskc up you hypocrite. :rolleyes:

actually, i run michelin LTX A/T2 which is a highway-oriented all-terrain tire. you obviously missed the sarcasm in my post; the goodyear MTR and toyo MT are awesome off-road tires, while still being streetable.

as for not being a dick to people, shut the fskc up you hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Oh, so you DID catch that?

Im not a dick to people :)

michelin ..... highway-oriented all-terrain tire.

when i bought my R50 it had michelin LTX all terrains (maybe 50% tread) and, no offense, but they are probably the worst tires ive ever ran, they didnt grip at all and i popped two of them within several months time, one was from driving through a contruction site and the other was just random

they dont even grip on the street, not sure why anyone would ever go wheeling with them

Edited by FUELER

My gf's brother runs 33x12.5 MT-Rs on his Zuk Samurai and it's his daily driver at the moment. He says for a mud tire, they kick ass on the street. I can vouch for that as I have ridden in the Zuk both on the trails and on the street.

I have heard the Toyos are pretty good street-wise as well but until I see/hear it for myself, it's all speculative. :shrug:

when i bought my R50 it had michelin LTX all terrains (maybe 50% tread) and, no offense, but they are probably the worst tires ive ever ran, they didnt grip at all and i popped two of them within several months time, one was from driving through a contruction site and the other was just random

they dont even grip on the street, not sure why anyone would ever go wheeling with them

well, maybe you can't read, but i have the LTX A/T2 so i don't see what it has to do with the crap tires that came on your R50. my R50 has still gone more places on its michelins than yours has gone on its ATs and MTs. no offense, but you don't need BFG MTs to drive on a graded dirt road in the desert.

Oh, so you DID catch that?

Im not a dick to people :)

yes, i DID catch that. you obviously did NOT catch the sarcasm in my post. now go ask your mom what tires she wants to put on "your" pathfinder; also, ask her the definition of hypocrite.

Edited by alexrex20

no offense but im not gonna take tire advice from a guy with a picture of a sunk R50 on stock susp and bald street tires

i know i know, your r50 has gone where nobody else has gone before LOL

ill stick to the "graded roads" we got here in Baja

i'm not giving you tire advice. i'm simply making an observation that my tires aren't the same tires that you used to have. whatever performance you did or did not get out of your tires, has absolutely nothing to do with the performance of my tires. they're different tires. duh.

yes, i sunk my pathy in that deep mud hole. i had no business trying to drive through it and i'm not ashamed to admit it. but if you think you would've made it through with your extra 2in of clearance and 1in taller mud tires, you're sadly mistaken. so stick to your graded dirt roads because you don't have "the only QX4 to ever see a dirt road."

Alex, I'm worried about you.

You actually stopped to say something nice about those other tires, you ok? Lol.

I have an 02 that I upgraded to 4.63 gears, bought one of S. Fluery's aluminum front skid plates, with 265/75 Bridgestone REVO's, a 2" lift with a 3/4" spacer, drive on pavement everyday only to hop out of my gas guzzler in a suit to go to work and don't give a f-k what any of you think of me! I'm also too old & overweight to woop anybody's Daddy either!

:tongue: ne-aaa