Climate Control works a bit hot

SnowSurfLax

Ok, I searched, but didn't find anything specific to my issue. Whenever I have it on ECON and at the lowest setting, I always get hotter air than what's outside which usually causes me to run the AC all the time, even when it's only 70F.

So, anyone ever dealt with the auto mix door thingy? (forgot what the damn things called!) I'm hoping for some advice before I set myself upside down looking for the door actuator to move while I have one hand adjusting the temp.

PS - it's the "air mix door" selector!

does your ac even work? A good way to tell is if the a clutch kicks on the ac kicks in when u turn is on. if it doesnt then you need to add some freeon(however you spell it) and also check the little ground wire on there that its not broke (happened on my z and i couldnt figure it out until like a month ago). Thats whati would check first.

are you saying your air-mix door is just jammed?

mine was a little while ago, if you take the glove box out and stick your head under there with a flashlight you can see the mechanism for the air door. If it is just stuck(and the motor isnt blown) you should be able to knock it with a long screwdriver and get it to unstick. Do it with the car on so the air mix door motor has power to it.

94extreme - Looked at the FSM and you're right. Friggin' A!

beastpath - I'll try that. Actually after looking in the FSM to see if 94extreme was correct, I saw that the air-mix door can get out of adjustment. Does not look fun, but I'll try playing with it your way first to see if it unstickies it or something. Unfortunately, given 94's correctness, I'm just stuck with hot air even if I do fix it.