Sway Bar

I noticed only a little difference when I removed my rear bar. I drive a lot and am still comfortable with cornering and sudden lane changes (spurred, buy others doing the same RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME P...) My front is still attached buy does not fully do it's normal job because the bushings at the frame mounts or gone.

One day the occasional "clank" will finally get irritating enough that I will just remove the bar, if not replace the bushings. :shrug:

But your results may vary :togo:

I noticed only a little difference when I removed my rear bar. I drive a lot and am still comfortable with cornering and sudden lane changes (spurred, buy others doing the same RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME P...) My front is still attached buy does not fully do it's normal job because the bushings at the frame mounts or gone.

One day the occasional "clank" will finally get irritating enough that I will just remove the bar, if not replace the bushings. :shrug:

Hmm was that before you put all those suspension goodies on your truck? ie only noticed a little difference with stock springs, shocks, ride height etc? The arse end of mine is (shrug) barebones stock right now. 31" tires.

How do you think it would behave with both front and rear bars removed? Would I gain more wheel travel up front? Or do the UCAs have a fixed amount of up/down movement? I think that was a stupid question. Sorry.

Yes that was prior to installing any lift at all. It was stock height with 31in tires on the base 15x6 rims (not the optional "Lego's that came stock on trucks with 31in tires.) The next day I went wheeling and believe that the removal of the rear bar helped me greatly there, because it allowed both tires to remain on the ground more often. After the lift and 33in tires I am still comfortable with how it handles.

I cannot personally speak for both bars being removed, only for the rear being removed with a less effective front. In minor cornering my front bar does little to nothing, but in major/higher speed cornering I am sure it does more.

The front does have a fixed amount of travel, some would argue to much and that the front sway bar limits the travel to within the safe range. A number of people have removed the front bar, some report no problems while wheeling, others say they tore up CV boots and or joints more often.

As for handling, same story... some say it made it much worse others day no problem.

The best advice I can give you is to try it for yourself and see how you like it. Take one off at a time, if you like it leave it off, but if you don't then put it back on :aok:

Energy Suspension makes bushing's for the front sway bar. Just wanted to throw that out there. :offtopic: