New Exhaust going on tommarro

So I've gotta change my glass pack for the trip to gilbert and this is what I'm doing.(the pack is probly going back on after the trip)

I have a Y-pipe,ya dig so far,but I have not one,but two cats on the outlet(where the y becomes a single pipe,cross over)Why does this truck have two cat? Can any one tell me?

But heres the plan,I'm welding a 2-21/2 inch straight pipe about a foot and half long on to the cat(i dont know if i should take the second one off,theres no sensor on it and it is a cat,not a resanatur.

After that I plan to muffler clamp a turbo style on it(spark arresting muffler)No tail pipe,just the muff...any one see any thing wrong with this plan?

I heard having no tailpipe means all the hot air will be blowing on the diff.

They have a pre cat and a cat stock. I removed those and put a regular one on. But if yours isn't plugged or rusted out leave it alone.

Mine arent stock...The second one is rotted(out side,not blown out yet) and the first one has a sensor in it.I;m confuzzd now...the pre cat is suppose to beclose to the engine right...and has no sensor?