lift, exhaust, wheels, lights, and more

so i turned 16 in febuary and my dad got me a 1999.5 SE.

i love off roading and all the fun stuff but i need the gear. so far all i have is some cheap @$$ fog lights i picked up at the auto parts store. the 1st thing im lookin to do is deffinately a lift. i cant find a good BUT cheap lift that i could put in. i also want a nice DEEP exhaust system. i have seen videos of a flowmaster super 44 and it sounded ok. i need opinions on that. ALSO i want to put some bigger tires and more lights on. give me ideas, websites, and what ever you could to help

:skull: thanks :skull:

Edited by tunderwood93

1st off use the search button. Theres a ton of cra around here regaurding this all you need to do is just look around but being I'm in a not bad mood I'll throw you a bone kiddo...

Lifts:

AC 2" lift - only buy the lift coils from them cause you can find the struts/shocks cheaper elsewhere. the rear coils are in the rear suspension section on the left hand side just look

Old Man Emu 1.25-1.5" lift - same as AC's lift only get the lift coils & find the stuts & shocks you want cheaper else where.

.75-1" Stuts spacers - there are couple of people around this board that actually make them, one of them is Daddyrim, look him & his company up (from what I've heard he's great to work with)

here is a general link to a discussion here about lifts, and another one.

Exhaust:

I run a Magnaflo, but to be honest your not gonna get a deep throaty sound out of an R50 no matter the muffler (unless its Tyler Morgan's but thats a whole nother story). I didn't get it to sound better or perform better, my exhaust & muffler were shot-to-sh!t so I had to & went with Mganaflo (which I couldn't be happier with, seriously)

Tires:

I'm not gonna talk about tires, I'm just gonna send you to a link, cause this has been talked about to exhausting lengths (infact theres a couple of stickied threads in the this section alone)

Link to TIRE discussion

For Pathfinder parts you can check out what we have here:

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissan-pathfinder-c-35_38.html

for exhaust Do not get a flowmaster if you drive alot. the resonant tone in teh cab will drive you insane.

run something that has some packing in it to help dampen the resonant tones.

and tires... if you drive on the street alot then get some BFG A/T's otherwise get the new BFG KM2 Mud Tires <--amazing tires

• 3 years later...

i run goodyear duratracs. great all year tires. 33x12.5. never been stuck with em, they drive amazing in the ice/snow, even hardpack road ice. and they are quiet and get good mileage on the highway. win win. they aren't very cheap tho! lol

1st off use the search button. Theres a ton of cra around here regaurding this all you need to do is just look around but being I'm in a not bad mood I'll throw you a bone kiddo...

He's right, Right below you was a huge discussion on this exact thing.

http://www.nissanpat...getting-a-lift/

Wheels and Tires are both discussed here.

and i personally have been looking into an exhaust soon as well, our exhaust systems are incredibly restrictive. So there is high potential for large MPG and power gains.

But there really is NO cheap options (atleast in my definition of cheap) lift kit is right around $600 to do it right. I've been building parts lists for everything that i need to do to my rig, its not cheap.

Right off the bat, springs (shipped) are $440 (to my house on the other side of the country from AC.

https://www.4x4parts..._341_8_440.html)

You'll want to replace your struts while your in there, Everyone reports good things about the KYB GR-2/ Gas adjust strut series. those are about $120 a pair at best.

You'll need to replace your strut mount and strut bearing (at minimum)

Those are around $80 for OEM (DO NOT BUY KYB FOR THE STRUT MOUNTS OR BEARINGS)

Happily there is a member who can provide genuine Nissan parts in the Services thread. His name is Alkorahil you can find his thread in the servies section.

You'll need the rear shocks You can run whatever you like for these. Personally im going to pick up a set of Bilstien's. Those are going to be $150 shipped. All you need is shocks that are two inches longer than stock to compensate for the 2" lift.

Next on to wheels and tires, Alot of guys (including my self) like the look and cost of Pro-comp wheels. Check out the thread i linked to for more info on that, don't really want to explain all of that again. Those are $400 at the lowest (for 5)

You can also find a good recommendation for tires in that same thread. Thats $1000 for a nice set of off road tires. (4)

Gotta pay to play my friend.

Do a little searching around the forum, I still find TONS of info everyday regarding SFD's, V8 engine swaps. Tires, wheels, electronics, body repair and armor, you name it.

Then, give us a ring when you get ready to throw down some cash for something, just checking to insure your not throwing away money, chances are someone on here can tell you how it will preform, and how long it will last.

-Kyle

He's right, Right below you was a huge discussion on this exact thing.

http://www.nissanpat...getting-a-lift/

Wheels and Tires are both discussed here.

You are recommending a thread that didn't exist when this thread originally started. This original thread is years old.