WHAT YEAR ENGINES COULD I USE FOR A 95 XE

nissan25

I think, I am not 100% sure but I think that you can do any motor swap relatively easily.

The best thing to do is to do an exact motor replacement swap. Swap the motor you have with one exactly like it.

Thats the Safest bet, smartest bet, and probably the cheapest.

I believe the VG30E started in 1984 and ran thru 1995. I've done the timing belt / waterpump maintenance on a 1985 Z and just recently on my 1995 Pathy. Things were pretty much the same.

90-95 Pathfinder would be the easiest but engines can be had pre90, maximas, etc. Mainly what changes is bolt on part locations/holes which can be simple or a PITA to deal with.

Any VG30E can work, but your are probably best off getting one out of a pathy... :shrug:

B

Why is everyone so far away??

I have a motor for sale in NorCal...

any VG 3.0 (or 3.3) block will work...you may have to then swap out the intake, water pump, move dipstick and mounting brkts...I had an 86 maxima engine built up for my 87...but the most direct swap will be an 86.5-95 VG and you will have to swap out the intakes...

although I just did think that the 95 has a knock sensor so you may have to incorporate that into an older block...someone chime in on that...

any vg30.. the 93? and before were fuel injected.. the earlier were all TBIs and much easier to deal with.. outside of that there should not be one thing different.. the holes etc. ought to be exactly the same.