Not Again!

180sx

So there I was, having fun at my usual spot when BAM! I lost steering control. WTF?!?! Get out and see what happened. Dang...not again!

Heres the pics of my truck.

BrokeStrut.jpg

BrokeStrut2.jpg

BrokeStrut3.jpg

BrokeStrut4.jpg

BrokeStrut5.jpg

So, remember not to procrastinate when your struts are blown. They will break! This is the second time this has happened to me in less than a year! one on each side!

Jose

:)

man it sucks !! ... When I saw fueler a while ago with the same problem, I knew at that time that when i was going to do my lift, i was going with all new parts in order to help prevent something like this. I hope you can fix it soon.

man it sucks !! ... When I saw fueler a while ago with the same problem, I knew at that time that when i was going to do my lift, i was going with all new parts in order to help prevent something like this. I hope you can fix it soon.

I'm following your footsteps, Actually, after seeing your lift project.....Going with all new parts as well!

If I'm correct looking at your pictures, the strut didn't break, but rather only the isolator failed. It looks as though the threads on the strut are still intact. Is this correct that you've had two OEM isolators fail this way in one year?

Well, the first time the threads broke clean off right after that nut thing. This time it looks like it just tried to tear through the mount and ended up breaking the nut in half or something. So, I'm guessing the isolator failed...I'm not really sure as everything was lost!

like fleurys mentioned, the same exact thing happened to me on the trail, only it wasnt the isolator - it was the threads on the strut that stripped off

like fleurys mentioned, the same exact thing happened to me on the trail, only it wasnt the isolator - it was the threads on the strut that stripped off

That happened on my 01 as well, though luckily I caught it in time. This is the first I see where the isolator may have somehow gave way, hence my curiosity. Would've been interesting to have all the failed components to be able to conduct a better post-mortem.

Lol...yea, right. The guy at advance was trying to sell me the KYB mouonts. Said that KYB is top notch. I'm sure their shocks/struts may be, but not these mounts...OEM it is...

Now I just need an alignment.

• 2 weeks later...

mine busted a hole through the sheet metal, stabbed my battery, and broke a fuse box.

I drove down a black diamond trail with it like that too, and limped out of the desert to a gas station for several miles!!!!! The tire was smeltering hot when i got there.

Edited by FUELER