i need to pass inspection

Tosh

well the pathfinder hasn't been inspected in 4 years and i want to get it inspected before i get my license. but i don't think the tires on it now will even pass and the next set i want is 33's after i lift it. will it pass inspection with a lift and bigger tires?

well the pathfinder hasn't been inspected in 4 years and i want to get it inspected before i get my license. but i don't think the tires on it now will even pass and the next set i want is 33's after i lift it. will it pass inspection with a lift and bigger tires?

I cant say for your state, here in TX it should pass if the tires have enough tread regardless of how lifted or lowered it is.

Don't know about NC, but PA don't matter as long as there is more than 2/32 of tread-not dry rotted bad-covered by the fender(flare counts as well)-and matched size from side to side on each axle(front to back don;'t have to match)

• 1 month later...
oh ok thanks.i live in nc and i was just makin sure a lift would pass inspections

I know in California, the government here doesn't get on your case about having a non-stock suspension or non-stock size tires.

you only have to get a safety inspection...they will (maybe not) check the tires...if you're not showing cord i'd day you're alright...you can shop around for someone to get you to pass...just stop at a station and ask them if they can tell you if you'll fail or not...usually the lincoln head on a penny is a good gauge to whether you're good or not...

my 87 hasnt been inspected in 3 years...let me know how big the fines are for it not being inspected for so long and has it been registered and plated the entire time it hasnt been inspected?

I heard they just redid a lot of the DMV stuff (just found a late fee from my buddy here that was 12 years ago and he was able to get a FL and CA license but he just tried to get a bike permit and this surfaced) and I think they just redid the inspection "stickers" which will not let me renew my plates without getting it inspected...which is a BIG problem for me being here in CA...

I know i used to pull in with my 87 and 95 they'd honk the horn, turn on the lights, hit the brakes and turn signals check off the entire check list and throw the sticker on the window...i only had a full out inspection done once after I got smart with the guy about not passing emissions...once he found out it wasnt a OBDII he went through it with a fine tooth comb including checking the headlight alignment and "loose" wheel bearings but found nothing but an exhaust leak which he couldnt do anything about

Edited by unccpathfinder