z24 carby

jadm4x4

hi all. I have 87 pathy with z24. I have the issue of having high revs. Taking the foot of the go go juice and the engine will idle at 2 grand. I have to constantly put my foot under the aceleretor peddal to lift it up. The spring on the peddal itself is fine and thee cable is also good. I have sprayed carby with cleaners and lubricants and with still no affect. Any other suggestions. Please help. The only good thing is off road i dont have to use the pedal. Works like a chocke if anything.....lol..... i only get 350 klm to a tank. The extra 50km would be great

First off, the 87 z24i is not quite a carb. It has electronic 2 injectors just above the throttle body. under your air box there is a 1.5-2"cylinder the a pluger in it that gets struck by the trottle cam. I belive its called the dash pot.

Its purpose is to keep the trottle from closing too fast(so as not to kill the engine or starve it of air) when you let off the gas.

I'm guessing it might be stuck or out of ajustment. try taking a tiny srewdriver or knife blade and backing off the screw that strikes the plunger. also try spraying to teflon lube arround the boot of the plunger and try to work it towards the saft with your little finger.

First off, the 87 z24i is not quite a carb. It has electronic 2 injectors just above the throttle body. under your air box there is a 1.5-2"cylinder the a pluger in it that gets struck by the trottle cam. I belive its called the dash pot.

Its purpose is to keep the trottle from closing too fast(so as not to kill the engine or starve it of air) when you let off the gas.

I'm guessing it might be stuck or out of ajustment. try taking a tiny srewdriver or knife blade and backing off the screw that strikes the plunger. also try spraying to teflon lube arround the boot of the plunger and try to work it towards the saft with your little finger.

THANKS HEAPS. ILL GIVE THAT A GO

turns out that the issue was a couple of strands had broken inside the cable cover. When i origionaly took it out it worked fine when it was straight. Put it back in when curved and the issue was there.$5 of our good aussie dollars at the wreckers and she is running as good as new.a little stretched but good for now. Thanks for the input anyway. This site is tops. Keep it up

first roady failed. Had to replace upper control arm bushes. Managed to pick some up from nissan. Repco could get me nolathane but would take a week to get them in. Done them over the weekend and good as new. I have a pic on my profile if anyone is interested in a look see. Keep the good work up guys.....