Pulling to left/right

Crispyc

I have a 91 Pathfinder. When driving on roads that slope to the right my Pathy pulls to the right. If the road slopes to the left the Pathy pulls to the left. It has been doing this for several months now. I have taken it in for alignments several times.

Shocks, springs, torsion bars: 2 years old

steering gear: 4 months old

center link, tie rods, idler arm, upper and lower ball joints: 2 months old

Any ideas on what to look at now?

Edited by Crispyc

Does it pull or simply "veer"... when driving on a decent slope, gravity WILL tend to "slide" you downhill... so you have to correct :) It's why high-speed turns in NASCAR are sloped - otherwise they'd simply run off the track :D

Think of problem with steering likage and worn bushings/ pins.Put Pathy up on lift , pull on front wheels, if there's a lot of play from in - out -in then somethings probably worn

Like others said, a vehicle wants to follow the road if you think it is more than the normal...

How 'bout yer ball joints?

Ride height? Lifted WD21 IFS will have a reduced castor IIRC because the LCA is moving farther away from the strut rod thus the strut rod pulls the LCA closer to the lower limit of the castor angle. castor is what makes the vehicle want to return to straight. on the wd21 mechanics say you cannot change it so if its outa spec they usually ignore it however if it is low it can be increased... I haven't figured out a relyable way to decrease it and in almost any case it would not need to anyway.

edit;

also if your strut rod bushings are shot or worn thin it will reduce your castor.

Edited by MY1PATH

Is there a "best way" to punch out the upper and lower control arm bushings or do I just use whatever "make shift" tool that will work? Also for putting the new ones in, same question.