fuel and temp guage

so on my 91 the temp guage wasn't working when i got it and the fuel gauge was only good up to half a tank or so. i did some reading on the forums and did the voltage reg mod, now i have no fuel at all and still no temp :scratchhead: i recheched all my connections and all were good still nothing. i went to check my fuses and i have no fuse for the guages inside the vehicle, is there another spot i should be looking? any help on this on? thank you

so on my 91 the temp guage wasn't working when i got it and the fuel gauge was only good up to half a tank or so. i did some reading on the forums and did the voltage reg mod, now i have no fuel at all and still no temp :scratchhead: i recheched all my connections and all were good still nothing. i went to check my fuses and i have no fuse for the guages inside the vehicle, is there another spot i should be looking? any help on this on? thank you

Fuse should be the top right 10amp(red)

well my fuses are good, while i was at the junk yard this weekend i picked up a voltage reg off an 89 and it works but i still have no temp? could the temp sensor be bad? anything else i should look out for?.

It could be bad.

Pull it off and see if it has a hard buildup on it. That would be an easy way to tell.

It isnt an expensive part.

got an update for yall. while messing around with my pathy this weekend out on the trails i noticed my temp guage started climbing, turns out that my fan was keeping it to cool :headwall: and it would not register on my guage( i have the e fan mod done) i always ran my fan on low speed, have not had the time to put in a temp switch on it yet so i just run it on low, but i do suspect that it would not have worked if i had not got the volt reg replaced cause it was not working befor i did the e fan mod. just thought i would let everyone know :tongue: i feel like and idiot tho, prob was right in front of me :hide:

Hey, at least you found the problem reasonably soon. You probably don't want to be driving around with a motor that isn't within 'normal' temp range...

That's the fun of modding. You improve one thing and then wait to find out if it screwed anything else up. While we have a lot of 'how to' threads, there are also many 'how NOT to " threads also... :shrug:

B