auto door lock issues

fluffie

hey guys im new to the fourms but not new to nissans i have a 92 pathy and the auto door locks do not work. u can hear the relay i think it is in hte back on the drivers side clicking when u hit it but nothing else happens anyone have any ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

so when you push the lock button you just hear a click noise? what happens when you push the drivers side one down manuallly? do they all lock then? If so then take the door lock buttons out and clean the contacts maybe its just corroded or something. Also see if there are any fueses somewhere i havent looked at mine in a while.Do you have keyless entry?

i dont have keyless entryyea when u push the lock button the relay i guess is what it is in the back drivers side clicks ubt nothin happens. when ever i push the door lock down it just locks that one door i have checked fuses and havent found any that are blown so i had no clue were to start from their

• 4 weeks later...

my auto door locks have just failed. replaced the 10 amp fuse and they worked for a day or 2 now back to not working. Just so happens about the same time my keyless entry quit working too. I went through the TSB that was pinned and all works, the alarm still works, reporgrammed my keyless entry but still a challenge to get my doors unlocked. Anyone have a tip?

i dont have keyless entryyea when u push the lock button the relay i guess is what it is in the back drivers side clicks ubt nothin happens. when ever i push the door lock down it just locks that one door i have checked fuses and havent found any that are blown so i had no clue were to start from their

same thing happen to me a few years ago. the clicking is from the relay that is stuck. go to the back drivers side and pull off the plastic side panel. there you'll see a gray box with a wiring harness. it's called a door lock timer or something like that. basically you'll have to replace it by (buying a new one, replacing the relay inside, or taking your chance with one out of the junkyard).

my auto door locks have just failed. replaced the 10 amp fuse and they worked for a day or 2 now back to not working. Just so happens about the same time my keyless entry quit working too. I went through the TSB that was pinned and all works, the alarm still works, reporgrammed my keyless entry but still a challenge to get my doors unlocked. Anyone have a tip?

same thing happened with you. bascially when a relay is dying it doesn't go out 100%, it might still click on and off a few more times. like if you were to tap on the gray module maybe it'll work for another week or so. the alarm is on a seperate module that's why it is not affected. you shouldn't have to reprogram your remote.