pulls right

edicer2

My pathfinder pretty much since i bought it pulls to the right pretty bad only when i press the brakes. The harder i press the brakes the faster or more to the right it pulls. I know my allingment is a little off but this shouldnt make a difference. I thought it was my ball joints so i replaced all 4 of them and it still dose it. My guess is its either bad break line, a calaper, or a brake pad. I have tried a different set of tires and that didnt work either. I have not had time to tear the brakes apart and check it out yet. Anyone else have this problem before? I can also hear a small screaching noise when im driving ert.....ert.....ert and speeds up with the car its not a constant squeal noise and doesnt squeal when i slow down just down im driving.

when was the last time you had your calipers off and had them all cleaned up? The sliders get rusty and sh!t and could cause them to not work too good. my rears were like that...wouldn`t grab very good, had to clean up the slide pins and the shims and stuff, try to grease the slide pins to prevent them from rusting and siezing.

i got the same issue as you, but mine pulls left....

Id check the wear/tear on your brakes, cause apparently the ones on mine are in need of replacement, which is what we assumed caused it

Glad to see you are still on here sharin the knowledge. Thats what it's all about! :aok:

ill check those went it quits snowing. I havent done anything to the brakes on this truck so whatever has been done was done by the PO. My guess is its air in the line or a warn out brake pad. It could be a stuck cal piston though. hopefully its nice this weekend! Thanks for the info so far!

air in the line would cause overall brake suckiness, not a pull to one side. like someone said above, a pull to the right would probably mean your left brakes are not functioning properly. check the slide pins to verify they're not seized; verify the caliper piston is not seized. you can even check your rear brakes if you want. if you blew an outer axle seal, your drum would be full of axle grease, causing them to not work well or at all. any offset in left/right brake balance will cause a pull during braking.

Stuck/frozen caliper pistons are usually attributed to build up of brake dust and other debris around the piston and pistons seal or a failed seal due to heat cycles, and general oxidation of the rubber seal. Eventaully a small amount of water/moisture finds its way in and bingo... piston stuckie.

I had the same issue two weeks ago. What should I have expected for 197K miles. Turned out to be a frozen piston on my right front wheel. But before I was able to properly diagnois it I had lost my pads and rotor. The raw metal rubbing was the indicator that something was a miss with the brakes. I thought it was just time for new pads. Wishful thinking on my part as I never get out on the cheap or easy.

Pretty easy to see in hind sight but I didn't find the frozen piston until reassemble. Man was I furious. Squeezed for all I was worth with my c- clamp and that piston would not budge. Nearest parts house is an hour away provided they have what you need on the shelf. So a couple hour job turned into two days. aaargh ... all better now though.

Ok cool ill check the piston and see if thats the problem. if it is i have access to 2 of them. hopefully its just stuck and im able to unseize it or just need pads

air in the line would cause overall brake suckiness, not a pull to one side.

Actually that isn't true, when my MC was leaking air in from the booster, it was all pumped into the right front line, no air in the left front or rear lines.

Actually that isn't true, when my MC was leaking air in from the booster, it was all pumped into the right front line, no air in the left front or rear lines.

x2