how to install rear lift springs?

FUELER

Probably a stupid question, but i have never removed the rear springs so i must ask

what do you do? Is it as simple as unbolting the sway bar and jacking up one side really high?

Or is there more than that?

The FSM says to remove the whole rear axle from all the control arms, unbolt the propeller shaft, and remove panhard rod. that is just ridiculous!!!

Edited by FUELER

What I did was jack up on the diff and then place jack stands under the rear door and then release the jack. This will allow the axle to drop all the way down. Once I did that I fit a socket through the spring and unbolted the bumpstop to allow the spring to slide out easier. And you will need a spring compressor for this job, maybe not to get them out, but to get the new ones in you do. Here are some pics of what we did. In the first pic you can see where we put the jack stands.

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

I didnt need a spring compressor on either side. Just jack do what 01silva said, but unbolt both the shock and the sway bar on both sides. Then jack up the opposite side to further lower the axle to install. None of my brake lines or anything even got tight while doing this...

thanks for all the info guys. ill probably go the spring compressor route since i never get a chance to use mine anymore.

01silvapath, what springs did you get? Was getting the new fronts in, easy or hard?

01silvapath, what springs did you get? Was getting the new fronts in, easy or hard?

Well the removal of one side was very easy, and taking them apart and putitng the new spring on the strut is quite simple. The problem that I had, was that my pathy was up north for 5 years and all that salt screwed some stuff up. I could not break the bolts loose on the left side. Also I managed to strip the @!*% out of one of the bolts for the sway bar. I wound up having to take it to a shop where they cut off the bolt and also put on the new struts and did a alignment. And I got the AC 2in lift springs

Edited by 01silvapathy

Fueler, you should jump on that spacer deal...free set? Take the Q to them stock, let them have it for a couple days, and then you got a set of spacers to toss on your new lift. Unless you still have the set you had....