URGENT HELP -> Mixture Heater

I am gonna rebuild my throttle body tonight and my mixture heater is bad... (I think)

I know the black should come off but what about the breakage inside...

Will this affect whether i should get a new one before I put the throttle body back on or not?

the way I see it you have 3 options;

get a new one (have had no luck in finding new or reman),

get a junkyard one

gut it out and clean it up for improved airflow

this last option may make it a little rough on cold starts but no other problems should be encounterd.

Break the grid center out and leave it unplugged. It won't cause any problems unless it gets really cold. Even then a little throttle at startup will get you going.

Is there a chance I could just leave the grid pieces in there and just unplug it.... Cause If I sell it then I don't want the next owner to have a problem and come back to me about it...

My guess would be no. If it's plugged in the ECU still thinks it's operating fine I would assume. Unplugging it might freak it out.

Also, taking out the honey comb stuff adds a little better flow through the throttle body. :aok:

Sounds good... Appreciate the help everyone!

Sounds good... Appreciate the help everyone!

Completely disregard what I said about unplugging it. I misread a prior post.

Edited by Kingman

I replaced mine with a new one because I did have some startup and cold running problems on cold winter mornings, but then we are talking about 3-4am. If your mornings are not bad, or they start later on when it's warmer out, then you will not likely have any problems.

Busting it out simply free's up the chamber some and allows the air/fuel mixture to "flow" better. ;)