Strange headlight problems

BobLoblaw

I, like many Pathy owners have a 'winking' Pathy. My passenger side (right) daytime light doesn't work. Yes, I have replaced the blub. I assume from my research that is probably the DLM but I haven't check it yet. It's not really as important as my next problems....

Recently, when I switch my low-beams on, the drivers side (left) sometimes will not come on right away or won't come on until I switch the lights on and off. It's really annoying.

The latest thing I noticed (my stereo was 'on', but muted), is when I have my low-beams on and I switch to high beams, the driver's side light will not come on initially. For about 3-5 seconds, I can hear a wurring sound from behind my stereo deck, then the light fades on (and the wurring stops). I though this was weird but I hoped that someone hear could tell me how to fix this and what was making the wurring sound.

Thanks

Edited by BobLoblaw

Not sure about the stereo problem, but the headlight problem will be contacts in the stalk switch, you can pull it apart, clean the contacts and bend them slightlt to ensure you get a good connection, I have done this a couple of times with mine and it works everytime. I am sure there will be something in the how-to about this.

Not sure about the stereo problem, but the headlight problem will be contacts in the stalk switch, you can pull it apart, clean the contacts and bend them slightly to ensure you get a good connection, I have done this a couple of times with mine and it works everytime. I am sure there will be something in the how-to about this.

Maybe I worded it wrong. The noise when I turn my high beams on seems to be coming from BEHIND my stereo - I don't think the stereo has anything to do with it. Actually I just went outside and check it again. This time the humming/wurring noise stayed on and the light never fully came on - just dimly at times. The noise gets quieter when the light starts getting brighter, then gets louder when it gets dim and eventually goes out. Its like the light isn't getting enough power.

I would guess your switch contacts also, it might be just the uneven draw of the single light making some electrical hum.

And the uneven draw is caused by the light switch, or the DLM?