Snake Racing Strut Spacer

InfinQX4

Just because I'm an american what does a 1" spacer equal to in MM??? They have them anywhere between 15mm to 50mm!

try typing this in the google search window : 1 inch in mm

easy and fast..it works for many other conversions like : 210 AUD in USD

Edited by fleurys

Yeah - they use the same stock picture for all of them.

You'll have to look for each, but the 35mm is about 1.38". (www.onlineconversion.com) I'm going to put these on with OME Medium coils. ARB says the Medium should bring 15mm over stock, based on the vehicles they tested. I know everyone has had different experiences, blah, blah, blah.... As advertised, the 35mm spacer + 15mm springs = 50mm lift or 1.96". I'm expecting at least 2.5" from where I currently sit as it's sagging like an old b**b.

What I expect is that this won't extend the strut too much risking topping out. I'm also looking at having the front diff dropped about an inch to keep pressure off the CV's. Putting on Warn hubs anyway though. I'll look into a stiffer strut when my KYB's wear out to minimize top out risk, even though i know it's low risk with OME coils anyway.

The Medium coils are going on the back with OME shocks. If it sits low in the back, I might have to even up the rear!

I'm very lucky to have been able to get these struts. Maybe someday I'll actually get there myself.

I just bought a set of 1" aluminum strut spacers with Threaded half in, GR 8 hardware. Shipped (to me) for $140 cdn. They're not anodized or labeled like the snake river ones, but will do the same job I'm sure.

I just bought a set of 1" aluminum strut spacers with Threaded half in, GR 8 hardware. Shipped (to me) for $140 cdn. They're not anodized or labeled like the snake river ones, but will do the same job I'm sure.

Which Company Did You Use? Where'd you get em?

That'll work for sure!

Has anyone used their skid plates, or the other mods they are offering (NX4Industries)?

Nice work! NX4 is good stuff. :aok:

yes google can convert everything

10 mm to in

10 km to mi

100 usd to aud

100 g to oz

it also does math, ex. 4*4

Very useful!!

Let us know how your OME spring install goes!

I just ordered OME springs too, heavy in front and medium in rear. www.ruggedrocksoffroad.com I hope to get them by the end of the week!

Let us know how your OME spring install goes!

I just ordered OME springs too, heavy in front and medium in rear. www.ruggedrocksoffroad.com I hope to get them by the end of the week!

Finally did it huh? Good for you! Post pics :aok:

Should be done on Wednesday. Really wondering if I should upgrade the tires to M/T's while I'm at it...but there is the $$$ factor.

Picked up the rear diff guard from RockyRoad. That'll be welded on maybe Thursday.

Also found a set of PIAA 1100X lights I'd like to fit in the lower section of the front bumper - either side of the license plate. Seems like a good place for some extra light.

Pics to come - and maybe I'll actually get the thing off road in the next few weeks what a crazy idea B)

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if any of you have used these, but I thought I'd share a pic.

These are the Snake Racing (www.snakeracing.com.au) 35mm strut spacer. Had a buddy bring these in from Australia.

Direct from Snake Racing, they offer sizes ranging from 15mm - 50mm. Very nice quality. The bolt holes are threaded, and the set comes with longer bolts, etc.

StrutSpacer.jpg

Well, I just ordered my AC Springs, So next on my long list of stuff to get will be strut spacers...I like the Snake Racing ones. I understand the 35mm ones would be the closest to the ideal 1" spacers that everyones wants to achieve, but how would the 50mm ones do???? Yes, Warn Manual Hubs are on my list too! Other than that are there any other issues i need to look out for? Or should I just stick with the 35mm?

IMO, 50mm would be too much for the CVs, even with the hubs. You'd need to drop the front diff about maybe 2" to make that work.

They also offer a 25mm, closer to 1", but the 35mm would work too. I'm not sure how much higher the AC springs push up vs the OME. It seems everyone gets different results.

• 2 years later...

The snake racing site says the 25mm gives approx 35mm lift(just shy of 1.5"), 35mm gives approx 50mm (2" lift) and the 50mm spacers give 75mm (3") of lift....

How can I pair those numbers up with OME 1.75" coils or AC 2" coils? 35mm spacer + AC 2", 25mm spacer w/ 1.75" ome??

I can't figure out why spacing the strut 2" Won't give you 2" Lift, but rather 3"??

The snake racing site says the 25mm gives approx 35mm lift(just shy of 1.5"), 35mm gives approx 50mm (2" lift) and the 50mm spacers give 75mm (3") of lift....

How can I pair those numbers up with OME 1.75" coils or AC 2" coils? 35mm spacer + AC 2", 25mm spacer w/ 1.75" ome??

I can't figure out why spacing the strut 2" Won't give you 2" Lift, but rather 3"??

You will not want to combine the snake racing spacer with lift springs as it will lead to strut top out. The snake racing spacer is equivalent to our middle mount spacer, which mounts between the strut bracket and strut isolator, which, like ist springs, places the strut closer to its upper travel limit. Combined with lift springs, you would have hardly any vertical travel left.

To draw a comparison, I have sold 1 middle mount spacer set to date. I think you would be happier with lift springs alone.

Jeff.

You will not want to combine the snake racing spacer with lift springs as it will lead to strut top out. The snake racing spacer is equivalent to our middle mount spacer, which mounts between the strut bracket and strut isolator, which, like ist springs, places the strut closer to its upper travel limit. Combined with lift springs, you would have hardly any vertical travel left.

To draw a comparison, I have sold 1 middle mount spacer set to date. I think you would be happier with lift springs alone.

Jeff.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realize the Snake was a mid mount. I was thinking it was a top mount.

What I was thinking of doing was a top mount spacer, so I can keep my oem spring and strut, and new coils in the rear (OME coils) is what I was thinking.

If Snake is a mid mount, I am not interested anyhow.

I was hoping for an OME coil in the rear, and whatever mm front top mount spacer combo to level the whole truck out.

Thanks any jeff, any suggestion on my attempt

Jeff.

No chance you are going to make some 2" strut spacers like the ones you have on your site (and in your signature).

If All I can get is a 1" strut spacer and choose to go this route, what rear coils would work well to match that? I don't need a huge lift, and and trying to keep my cost down without replacing shocks/struts.