Rear Gears

PathyLE

seems to wheel a lot better then my pathfinder.... But its got the pro comp 6" lift on it with racerunner coilovers in the front, deaver leafs in the rear with the racerunner 2.0 shocks, its a lot smoother then the pathy over all the bumps too.

The titan is more solid then the r50 pathys, way more ground clearance, just have to worry about the tight spots sometimes, because its wide and long, but im starting to come out of the daily driver offroad truck. I'll probably pick up an old WD21 or even maybe an 84 4runner with the factory solid front axles to play around with. The non big tow/offroad titans came with 2.94 gears, the big tow and offroad models came with 3.36 gears.

Which if any company makes as gear set to match the front, ill be swapping in a D60 into the rear. but so far the D44 has held up just fine. And ive romped on it. But now that all the snow has melted i just crawl along.

seems to wheel a lot better then my pathfinder.... But its got the pro comp 6" lift on it with racerunner coilovers in the front, deaver leafs in the rear with the racerunner 2.0 shocks, its a lot smoother then the pathy over all the bumps too.

The titan is more solid then the r50 pathys, way more ground clearance, just have to worry about the tight spots sometimes, because its wide and long, but im starting to come out of the daily driver offroad truck. I'll probably pick up an old WD21 or even maybe an 84 4runner with the factory solid front axles to play around with. The non big tow/offroad titans came with 2.94 gears, the big tow and offroad models came with 3.36 gears.

Which if any company makes as gear set to match the front, ill be swapping in a D60 into the rear. but so far the D44 has held up just fine. And ive romped on it. But now that all the snow has melted i just crawl along.

Must be nice. My friend's running the exact same lift on his Titan... He freakin' loves the beast. :aok:

/\ /\ /\ /\

nope solid work truck good avg fuel economy...wanna offroad get different gears and diffs all together, as I head that the aluminum one go bang.

the titan diffs aren't nearly as bad as the 05-06 Xterra/Fronty. regardless, nissan fixed that problem in the 07+ models. the Titan diffs never really had these issues.

I live in utah, all we have up here are rocks... I dont think the r50 pathfinder was ever made for off-roading so whats your point? Buy whatever you want and build it to what you want to do.. thats what ive done and its worked out pretty well so far.. I'd probably never take the titan on half the crap i took the pathy on because of size of the trail and/or the width of the trail. I really didnt buy the titan to go offroading in to begin with.

I live in utah, all we have up here are rocks... I dont think the r50 pathfinder was ever made for off-roading so whats your point? Buy whatever you want and build it to what you want to do.. thats what ive done and its worked out pretty well so far.. I'd probably never take the titan on half the crap i took the pathy on because of size of the trail and/or the width of the trail. I really didnt buy the titan to go offroading in to begin with.

yep, that's why I see lots of full-size trucks at moab. gotta love the long overhangs and long wheelbase.

the R50s have the underpinnings of a great trail rig, but almost no aftermarket support. but i'm glad you agree the Titan wasn't built for wheeling.

unfortunately it took $40k and a Pro-4X for me to figure that out.

I want to see some pics of this beast post them up some place....im anxious to see it :)

just picture any other lifted Titan you see on the highway. ;)

seriously though, my titan was an awesome truck, but I couldn't justify another truck. I'd rather beat on my pathfinder, and the Titan wasn't the most practical daily driver.

well obviously you havent been to moab during easter jeep.. your sarcasm is really starting to get annoying.. And stop putting words into my mouth.. afaik my titan gets farther offroad then my pathy does.. And its body on frame.. big problem with the pathy is the lack of frame, and im not saying that to be stupid, if and when you rip your inner fender out of your firewall you'll understand where i come from.. Thats why I bought an xterra, then i wanted to get back into the r50 with a 3.5, now i just want something bigger and nicer.

well obviously you havent been to moab during easter jeep.. your sarcasm is really starting to get annoying.. And stop putting words into my mouth.. afaik my titan gets farther offroad then my pathy does.. And its body on frame.. big problem with the pathy is the lack of frame, and im not saying that to be stupid, if and when you rip your inner fender out of your firewall you'll understand where i come from.. Thats why I bought an xterra, then i wanted to get back into the r50 with a 3.5, now i just want something bigger and nicer.

oh. i thought sarcasm was meant to be pleasant.

as far as I know, my titan's size was more a hinderance, than the locker and clearance was an advantage.

but to each his own. you obviously enjoy your truck, and in the end that's all that matters. :)

/\ /\ /\ /\

nope solid work truck good avg fuel economy...wanna offroad get different gears and diffs all together, as I head that the aluminum one go bang.

I've seen quite a few go bang, and a few front ones too.

Edited by morpheus