There's a new skid plate in town !

fleurys

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Hell! Fleurys just sold me the first skid plate :-O

Thanks Alot Steve! It looks effin awesome! I hope you get a batch of these going for everyone else! Wow... my mind is blown.. I thought I'd have my new tires before I started the armour :-)

yep , it's confirmed... it fits a 96-99 like a glove... it's the same thing...same bolts holes everywhere....The only thing different is the bumper attachment. The bumper on the 96-99 has 2 smaller tabs (compared to the 2001-04), that attached kind of in the middle front instead of on the side. So these tabs will need to be removed in order to use the skid..but I don,t think it is different than the AC one. Also, on Rod's path, the 2 tow hooks used 1 of the bolts holes necessary to attach the skid (the Big holes on each side in front). So we removed the hooks in order to install the skid, but they can easily be modified to be put back at their place.

the price = 220 CAD$... I have thought about this for a long time and it is why it was not said before. The big bolts in stainless are cnc machined because they don't exists in any bolts manufacturer product list, so my price, swear to god, is 7$ per bolt... there is 4 of them... so just in bolts, there is near 30$...and the time..This skid is simply very time consuming because there is a lot of hand made thing to be done (countersunk slots, rubber, threaded window _ etc.., so for any less, it would not be worth it for me. I can assure you that I do not make a lot on each..and If I count my time, well, it's a joke... but I'm willing to make a few for those interested. If I get the distribution deal I,m working on, then I can tell you, that this is the lowest price they'll ever be. unless, there is a hugh demand for it, I will remove the option of having tabs in the plate in order to snap the plastic bumper. I have only one left and it will probably soon let go..and the time it take more to fabricate the skid with these is longer...it all adds up.

I'm presently preparing myself to be able to do them more easily (bolts holes templates, polishing station, packaging, etc) so that it takes less time to make them. I,ll be posting in @services@ area this week in order to start the pre-orders. I will be giving all the details of the shipping as soon as I have everything lined up (packed size and weight), so that you can have an exact idea of how much total it costs. I know the weight will help a lot for that.

here's a picture of rod's 98 with it :

dcp_1820.jpg

Cheers.

Steve.

I have only one left and it will probably soon let go..and the time it take more to fabricate the skid with these is longer...it all adds up.

here's a picture of rod's 98 with it :

dcp_1820.jpg

Cheers.

Steve.

Well, AC still hasn't shipped my stuff - and I still have no production date. Picked up Mike's skids yesterday and man those things are heavy. If I can cancel my AC order on Monday, put me down for some shiny new aluminum plates.

although it won't fit my 95 (and I'm already sporting steel plates), they look great. I used a jack to install my skids but being able to toss these around sounds very appealing. I am curious to see if they aluminum will standup to a woman driver. Simon... slap one on Pezzy's green monster and let her give it a durability test.

although it won't fit my 95 (and I'm already sporting steel plates), they look great. I used a jack to install my skids but being able to toss these around sounds very appealing. I am curious to see if they aluminum will standup to a woman driver. Simon... slap one on Pezzy's green monster and let her give it a durability test.

We're thinking about it. She's got a full set of steel ones, though, her front plate is not in the greatest shape. :rolleyes:

We're thinking about it. She's got a full set of steel ones, though, her front plate is not in the greatest shape. :rolleyes:

now... if we take this reply and place it out of the context of an offroad board discussing skids...

hehehehe

Just one last note before ending this thread. I have now posted in services and I'm taking orders now. I have also decided to apply some modifications. There will not be a tab version of skid offered. If people have the oem bumper with plastic tabs, they will have to either cut them or drill one hole extra per tab through the skid/frame to clip them.

Since the holes for these tabs are lined up differently between the 96-99 and 99.5-2004 , I have decided to simply eliminated them.

I will make them with the window on either the left or right side depending on the engine you have. 3.3 on the right and 3.5 on the left. I have decided to offer this since it does not involve alot of work.

now is the time ;-) http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22475 :clickdalink:

Edited by fleurys