body lift?

how much body lift can u put in before it messe with little stuff? like steering components, shifter cable, and such. i am doin the tbar crank/jgc lift, but want to throw a body lift in too, dont want to f anything up. mine has the auto tranny. also, i work in metal fab, so rather than pay crazy prices i am fabbing up my own bumpers, roof mounted light bar, bull bar and side steps, should be done by end of april. boss has a ton of scrap to use and our p/c guys are gonna coat everything for around $100, kinda fell bass ackwards into that(sweet). p.s. im in bolivar, mo, any members around here??? lonely, dont think the chevy and ford guys like me(hah), probably mad cuz that last big snow left em stuck and my itty bitty pathy made it all the way the way to work all week long(love this beast)

The 2" kit only requires some minor repositioning of things, the 3" kit requires extentions on some hoses. Neither will pose a problem with the shifter, there is enough slack in it's cable for a 6" body lift (if they made one and were legal.)

The 2" kit only requires some minor repositioning of things, the 3" kit requires extentions on some hoses. Neither will pose a problem with the shifter, there is enough slack in it's cable for a 6" body lift (if they made one and were legal.)

But the 4x4 shifter for 4 low to work you have to modify the shifter,the floor pan, or put a hardbody 4x4 shifter in it. link

the the link for alot more info on BL

I just put a 3" body lift in my 92 XE this weekend and had no problems with the shifters. Is there supposed to be a plate under the shift boot cause mine didn't have one.

Edited by burton8it