Oil Light

pathfinder93x

Hey guys I went for an oil change yesterday. I drove a complete day with no issues, now today the oil light is flickering on and off... I tried to check the oil level but it was too dark to tell...going to check int he morning. Just wondering the possibilities of what the light means, im guessing they didnt screw the filter in right or the plug... or didnt add enough oil?

Yeah, the pressure sensor is beside the filter above the starter, it has a single wire running to it. A couple things that could cause it to flicker or come on are; the wire is chaffed at some point and grounding out, wire loose on the sensor(or fell off), when they changed the oil the new oil caused some sludge to dislodge and is blocking the sensor.

Well i checked the manual and it says that when i put the car on but dont start it all the lights should come on including the oil light but it doesnt... I am going to check for the sensor right now as Im changing all my breaks today.

Thanks for the advice guys! ill keep you posted

to the left of the oil filter you should see something sticking out of the block, that is the oil pressure sensor. It goes in there. That looks like it's been messed with before.

That looks like it's been messed with before.

Yep, looks like it broke once and was repaired. There should be a blade terminal sticking out of the back of the sensor that you would just slip that on.