another tire size question

mikeinIdaho

if the spare is full size ie. 15x6 or 15x7 then yes you can mount a full size tire on there.

spares are made smaller cause they are cheaper and esier to put on, you don't have to jack as high from a flat if your spare is smaller.

but with a full size spare you can still get outa the mountains w/ no major handling issues

s stated as long as its not one of those pizza cutter space savers and is a normal wheel you should be fine. I personally have 2 of them (15x6 silver painted steelies) with odd brand 31"s on them "just in case".

• 3 weeks later...
sorry if it has been asked before. But not wanting to buy a new spare wheel, is the spare wheel/rim okay to put a full size tire on?

Get a similar steel rim from a wrecker or where ever for $20. Like he said, 15x6 or 15x7, 6 bolt on 5.5" circle, 3.75-4" backspacing.

i think the full size covers the license plate kinda? wish i had another place to put it i use my hatch alot.

Yes, to some degree, but it is still readable from a car behind you and that's what the cops care about. I have never been hassled here in NorCal where you can get hassled for anything... :shrug:

As long as your carrier hinges are lubed, opening the hatch shouldn't take but a few seconds.

B

i think the full size covers the license plate kinda? wish i had another place to put it i use my hatch alot.

when I get my post runner bumper I'm going to relocate my plate to the tire carrier latch so that pulling back the licence plate opens the carrier. I'll have to add a 2nd pivot point(for the latch handle.) so that I don't bent the latch lever by accident.