tranny

tyrhine

my pathfinder is starting to shift gears at a higher rpm. I'm sure a tranny flush would help. but is this a sign of a bad thing to come? because I hear all the time about people's breakin on this forums which is making me nervis haha

are you sure you didn't leave your transmission in the power mode? Its that AT-ET button on the dash. It's also normal for the auto to shift at higher RPM when it's cold. It should also have an abrupt shift between 1-2 gear

Also maybe something is wrong elsewhere. For example when my catalytic clogged, the truck would shift at 3000 grand and barely keep up with traffic. I guess the tranny was just compensating.

I also have a rough 1-2 and a slow/soft 2-3. 3-4 is fine though. I've heard that using the nissanmatic tranny fluid solves the rough shifting issue.

so yea the e-at button was set to power lol. I had no idea what that did! thanks guys I'm still doing a tranny flush because I dun know when the last time the car had one.

lol glad to hear it was something simple. The e-at button helps out when you towing or super hilly roads. it does a number on your mileage tho.

listen to 88 and get a tranny cooler. do a search and there is lots of info on how to install them. They are pretty easy to do.