New Exhaust?

So my pathy has a ol' Thrush glass pack on it now and its pretty loud but every once in the while I notice on slow pick ups it sounds like a diesel going down the road or a old ford gas tractor(with a straight pipe).So I'm thinking I will go up to a 2.25 or 2.5 pipe thats coming out the side in front of the back door on the driver side.Is there any heat problems with the fuel lines or any thing that you gotta worry about?

So my pathy has a ol' Thrush glass pack on it now and its pretty loud but every once in the while I notice on slow pick ups it sounds like a diesel going down the road or a old ford gas tractor(with a straight pipe).So I'm thinking I will go up to a 2.25 or 2.5 pipe thats coming out the side in front of the back door on the driver side. Is there any heat problems with the fuel lines or any thing that you gotta worry about?

found out something yesterday that the forest service does not consider a glass pack or similar straight through mufflers to be a spark arresting device. it has to have some sort of baffle system in it. i guess thats the 2nd thing local rangers look for other than alcohol when they stop you.

^^ Yes, the forestry service doesn't view these as legal spark arresting devices.

If caught, the fine is HUGE, and I believe it's a federal offense as well. :thumbsdown:

• 4 years later...

found out something yesterday that the forest service does not consider a glass pack or similar straight through mufflers to be a spark arresting device. it has to have some sort of baffle system in it. i guess thats the 2nd thing local rangers look for other than alcohol when they stop you.

i know of many trucks /suvs and cars that have glass packs and never herd of anybody having an issue with forest/game warden/ rangers about them

i have a glass pack on my truck (gmc sierra with a 350) and i drive seasonal roads and trails and have got stoped by the game warden a couple times to see if i had a exhaust cuz it is extremely loud (hollowed out cat)but they never said anything about the glass pack my exhaust is so close to straight piped that i have that nice crackle when i let off after high rpms

I've heard the best flow is a 2.5, because with our little V6s, we have to walk a line between flow and backpressure. Too big and power drops, but you should be safe with 2.5. Personally, I really hate side exit exhausts unless it's on a Cobra, Viper, 32' Ford, Shelby Mustang, Trophy Truck or something that has the power to back it up. If I could do it all again, I would have twin pipes out the back of mine, though I love my mellow tone.

I've heard the best flow is a 2.5, because with our little V6s, we have to walk a line between flow and backpressure. Too big and power drops, but you should be safe with 2.5. Personally, I really hate side exit exhausts unless it's on a Cobra, Viper, 32' Ford, Shelby Mustang, Trophy Truck or something that has the power to back it up. If I could do it all again, I would have twin pipes out the back of mine, though I love my mellow tone.

That's what I'm running. A magnaflow muffler and a straight pipe out. Got rid of that stupid looking resonator.

How do you guys find these ancient threads? lol.

I'm new and just digging around lol

That's what I'm running. A magnaflow muffler and a straight pipe out. Got rid of that stupid looking resonator.

I'm new and just digging around lol

Same here! That resonator was worthless, I went with the 18" Magnaflow and had the shop put it as high as they could to help with clearance.