VG33E mods

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea is to get a custom crank made @ http://paeco.com/Stroker%20Kits.htm. No offset journals for me.

I don't know how easily the block can be clearanced and modified for a 95mm stroke but 6mm was the inital Idea. I talked with a guy and it seems there are allot of complications with increasing the stroke larger than that; managing compression ratios, keeping the piston below the deck and keeping the piston from coming out the bottom of the sleve were the big ones. they have done .25" increase of stroke on a 300zx before so I figure keeping closer to what they've done will help keep things simple.

I'm would only be going to 92mm because .5mm is about how much will be removed when the sleeves are cleaned up to accept new custom pistons. So asside form going to a 3.3 block there realy woun't be much increase in bore. the focus is stroke.

theres lots of reasons why I wouln't go all out 4.0;

TBI might not handle it

additiona costs

longevity of the engine w/ so much squezed out of it

don't want to make a complete guzzler out of it.

I'm only aiming for 180-200 ftlbs to the wheels with comparable HP and a 3.6 stroker w/ a mild custom cam should be able to handle that

All good points except the TBI part. Well, guess good for you, but we don't have TBI....haha.

Just increasing to get 3.6L would be best, and adding a little compression with some high dome pistons would help with some power. Doing a port and polish on the intake side, and just smoothing and polishing the exhaust side would prove the best we could do for power. Well, with some 'street tune' cams and springs made for a Z31 would be the last of it. Something thats doesn't make power up high, but makes the most down low, you know? Throw on some Xterra headers, with a 1.75" exhaust into a 2-1 muffler with 2" out would prove best. Add an MSD ignition and a good tune with an Apex'i Power FC and a wide band O2 sensor on the dyno and i'm sure that at least 60lb-ft and 30HP can be achieved.

None at all. So it's agreed, then. This engine is worthless to mod unless its supercharged, right? Or are we just leaving it at better left stock?

Oh, hey tekaz, any luck on finding a diesel? I was looking at an old International Scout the other day, I think it was an '80, and it had a Nissan turbodiesel in it, mechanically injected; I think he said 6-33 was the motors name. Guy said that it was the only year the Scouts came with them. Something like 100hp and 175lb-ft of tourqe. Not much or relevent, but it still caught me that Nissan had diesels in passenger vehicles here at all.

Jose

Edited by 180sx

None at all. So it's agreed, then. This engine is worthless to mod unless its supercharged, right? Or are we just leaving it at better left stock?

Oh, hey tekaz, any luck on finding a diesel? I was looking at an old International Scout the other day, I think it was an '80, and it had a Nissan turbodiesel in it, mechanically injected; I think he said 6-33 was the motors name. Guy said that it was the only year the Scouts came with them. Something like 100hp and 175lb-ft of tourqe. Not much or relevent, but it still caught me that Nissan had diesels in passenger vehicles here at all.

Jose

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?s=&amp...st&p=382602 :clickdalink::D

which brings me back to my previous point: that sure is a lot of money for 190wtq.

Maybe one day I'll be the guinea pig, and I'll thorow it on the dyno when I'm done. Once we have real numbers and reall $$$$ amounts I can either cheer or regret while posting results for you all to decide if its worth repeating.

Maybe one day I'll be the guinea pig, and I'll thorow it on the dyno when I'm done. Once we have real numbers and reall $$$$ amounts I can either cheer or regret while posting results for you all to decide if its worth repeating.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's so worth doing. What other reason besides pure custom badassness would anyone throw money into a vehicle? Go for it, I say! :aok: