Gas mileage and tires

morpheus

Does anyone have any links, or knowledge on how much different tires may affect gas mileage.

I'm not refering to tire size specifically, as we all know that bigger trucks and bigger tires will eat fuel, what I'm getting at is more along the lines of different manufactures of the same/similar sizes.

Also wondering if load range of a tire would affect mileage too. - ie: higher load range = more rubber = heavier tire?

Does anyone have any links, or knowledge on how much different tires may affect gas mileage.

I'm not refering to tire size specifically, as we all know that bigger trucks and bigger tires will eat fuel, what I'm getting at is more along the lines of different manufactures of the same/similar sizes.

Also wondering if load range of a tire would affect mileage too. - ie: higher load range = more rubber = heavier tire?

not exactly what youre looking for... there is this one for different tire sizes and speed... http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I saw one about tire size and how bigger rims/tires affect gas mileage and braking... I'll see if I can find it again.