hood switch? what is it?

fukkeneh240

Hello,

I have been searching for this and I cant see to find the answer... maybe people refer to it by something else?

Since owning my 97 pathy for about two months now, I have been wondering about a thing that looks like an hood alarm pin that is dangling in the front engine bay. I found it on page EL-245 in the 97 FSM and it's called a hood switch. what does it do? mine has been dangling my the cord/harness and doesn't seem to affect my car. the two bolts are there and i can simple re-attach the hood switch, but "if it isn't broken, why fix it?"

any suggestions??

Hello,

I have been searching for this and I cant see to find the answer... maybe people refer to it by something else?

Since owning my 97 pathy for about two months now, I have been wondering about a thing that looks like an hood alarm pin that is dangling in the front engine bay. I found it on page EL-245 in the 97 FSM and it's called a hood switch. what does it do? mine has been dangling my the cord/harness and doesn't seem to affect my car. the two bolts are there and i can simple re-attach the hood switch, but "if it isn't broken, why fix it?"

any suggestions??

it is a pin switch for the factory security system...

yup, its for the alarm. its the only switch in the entire security system that, when open, wont prevent you from arming the security... which is why you dont notice a difference with it dangling... (you cant arm the alarm with the trunk open for example, but you can arm it with the hood open just fine)

yup, its for the alarm. its the only switch in the entire security system that, when open, wont prevent you from arming the security... which is why you dont notice a difference with it dangling... (you cant arm the alarm with the trunk open for example, but you can arm it with the hood open just fine)

But, but, but.... The factory alarm will be set off as soon as the timer expires, when the alarm is supposed to arm. Usually around 30 seconds or so. I was wondering why my alarm was going off every few minutes when I brought it home from a shop. I figured out that the mechanic had placed the hood prop in the wrong place forcing the hood upward and not fully allowing it to be depressed.