Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Good to see your getting so much done so easily Matt.

I'll PM you my number now.

Dave, the SAAS hood scoops at work look pretty good considering the price is only about $20, so who cares even if it does break. There's also a universal catch-can setup for $50 which has a nice chrome can and all the tubing, would make your job a bit easier.

Just found this Dave:

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/29080/...el_Engines.aspx

May want to re-think doing the catch-can.

I will probably run 1" lines, the problem he had was the 1/4" lines that the can came with. I know quite a few guys that run cans on their 3l TD Patrols with great effect.

I've been chatting to Geordie4X4 tonight on perth4x4, he used to have a Terry and knows them inside and out. He ran an oil catch can on his without any problems and now runs one on his Patrol, as long as you use the same size lines that came with the truck originally you will be ok. as there is no more pressure build up than there would be without it. He also blocked off his EGR valve, which I may do eventually.

he handed the plates in last week. dam. but friging hell wangara 4x4 wreckers wanted 145 fro a center console. and it was frign red. but the aternator bracket for 45 i can live with. wont seperate the "turbo pipe" from the engine but only wanted 450 for a full motor.......hhhhmmmmmm

hey dave. If you get a chance would you be able to give nissan a call to see how much those pipes are. If its 2oo plus i may aswell get the motor from the wrexkers couse the alterrnator comes with it aswell. For the price its not to bad

Howdy all ,

Well mines just turned to sh$t , have done a note under my ride .

Looks like it's my turn for 4by issues .

I hope all is good for the rest of you .

Yeh , correct on the $ , but this motor has only 156k on it so will do the repairs and just cop the $ . I'm justed annoyed at myself for not knowing more about this motor as this prob would've been done moths ago . Now sh$t loads of work and time needs to be done .

thats no good at all cyril. i have spare cylinders and ey if you want them out of the new 4by. im going to put my old ones in.

but with me. organised the parts through midland 4wd center. for under 200..... so thats good. ill have her back to origional before the end of the week. b2 (87) is in alot of bits now. about the only thing left under the bonnet is the motor. all the electrics im in the process of swapping over. but all is good

Crap mate, your more motivated than me, thats for sure. Might pop up either this weekend or next weekend for a look at how she's going.

no worries. going to try pick up the parts on friday arvo so ill pretty much be home all weekend. anyone is welcome. but whoever comes im raiding a look under the dash at those wires for a few minutes......lol